Kanye to The banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a huge Kendrick fan but that song just seems average & overrated to me, hope its not on the album tbh

·
Premium Member
52,578 Posts
the actual idea of the song
the production is on point
Kendrick's verses are great
Gunplay's verse was nice

·
Banned
20,397 Posts
MP3 said:
I'm a huge Kendrick fan but that song just seems average & overrated to me, hope its not on the album tbh
conceptually it's brilliant, a flash into his past, insight into his upbringing

the production is unique

gunplay killed it with the character he portrayed

just a win all around

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beat seems mediocre to me and I hate that thing with his voice he does (did it on Buried Alive also)

you cant please everyone, maybe it'll hit me 1 day & I'll see what the hype was about.

·
Banned
23,142 Posts
concept is insane. the song touches upon his relationship with his gang banging uncle as a kid. 1st verse is in his uncles point of view, 2nd verse is his point of view as a kid. all while relating cartoons to his environment and the lessons he learned from them.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Automatic Weezy said:
the actual idea of the song
the production is on point
Kendrick's verses are great
Gunplay's verse was nice
Plus its actual structure and the fact that it's moderately experimental with the normal hip-hop formula.

·
Banned
32,208 Posts
Just think of it as a prologue to the album. Kendrick telling us a little about him. The eery ominous setting is PERFECT. Kendrick want you to know his album is gonna be a PROBLEM. Especially with this track being this good and a throwaway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts