Kanye to The banner

hmmmm

2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Lopes 
#1 ·
hmmmmmm

#17 ·
Escobar21 said:
idk. I'd rather just listen to the finished product when it is meant to come out
So do you apply that same logic to video game demos on XBox Live, or movie trailers/sneak-peeks, or smartphone previews on engadget.com?
Not tryna bust your balls. It's just that curiousity is a natural thing. I dont see why people choose to not embrace it; it does us no harm. Look at 808s... some of the "leaks" were superior to the final versions.

#20 ·
Vigor said:
So do you apply that same logic to video game demos on XBox Live, or movie trailers/sneak-peeks, or smartphone previews on engadget.com?
Not tryna bust your balls. It's just that curiousity is a natural thing. I dont see why people choose to not embrace it; it does us no harm. Look at 808s... some of the "leaks" were superior to the final versions.
But in some cases it ruins the initial experience.

Case in point, Drakes Thank Me Later. That was my most highly anticipated album for the summer of 2010, and unfinished tracks leaked WAY before the album leaked. It really ruined the final release of the album for me.

Sure, the new version of Shut it down was amazing, but it would have been better had I not listened to the two other leaked versions before.

I like what another user said. He said something to this effect:

"It is like you are building a house, and after just laying the foundation, people tell you it sucks."

Also, some people avoid Movie Trailers because it might spoil the initial viewing of the movie for them. Call us crazy, but it's what we do to enjoy things we like.

Also, the leaked versions of songs usually have problems, and aren't "superior" you just think so because you heard them first, and thus have a specific positive connotation with them.

Case in point: Robocop and All of the lights. Robocops leak sounds terrible, and All of the lights drums are fucked up at the intro, which in my opinion, is the most important part to the song, since the beat is what makes it so epic. I now regret listening to the leaks associated with all of the lights.

#22 ·
GettinOutOurDreams said:
But in some cases it ruins the initial experience.

Case in point, Drakes Thank Me Later. That was my most highly anticipated album for the summer of 2010, and unfinished tracks leaked WAY before the album leaked. It really ruined the final release of the album for me.

Sure, the new version of Shut it down was amazing, but it would have been better had I not listened to the two other leaked versions before.

I like what another user said. He said something to this effect:

"It is like you are building a house, and after just laying the foundation, people tell you it sucks."

Also, some people avoid Movie Trailers because it might spoil the initial viewing of the movie for them. Call us crazy, but it's what we do to enjoy things we like.

Also, the leaked versions of songs usually have problems, and aren't "superior" you just think so because you heard them first, and thus have a specific positive connotation with them.

Case in point: Robocop and All of the lights. Robocops leak sounds terrible, and All of the lights drums are fucked up at the intro, which in my opinion, is the most important part to the song, since the beat is what makes it so epic. I now regret listening to the leaks associated with all of the lights.

Why thank you for the insightful explanation :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.