Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get into this I AM NOT talking about quality of work, or sales, or discog. Just the publics perception of certain artists then vs. now.

Tyga - I remember before he signed to YM people were riding him. All my cac friends were saying how this new rapper "tiger" was the next big thing. Yes he blew up and got fame and rack city was a hit he has dope songs all that, BUT it seems like most people hate him now.

Wale - Same as before, pre-MMG people were saying he's a "lyrical poet he doesn't write raps he writes poetry", and I will say he's talented but like tyga it seems a majority of people dislike him. Not just his music but his personality as well.

J.Cole - Before the sleeping jokes, he seemed to be the next elite rapper. Amazing mixtape series, yes his albums were duds(for the most part), but people will say it's his production(personally I feel his production has generally always been low-key and laid back) but now it seems, once again, the majority of people have no faith in him anymore.

Drake - 08-09-10 Drizzy was what everybody was talkin about(still being talked about all the time but those were more so the years where it was all positive gossip). ***** came out of the blue and took the world by storm. I am not a drake Stan by any means but I will give credit where credits due. He's an amazing all around artist. But as of the last I would say 2 or three years the soft jokes the memes and disses towards him make it seem that most people have turned on him. Yes his sales are still amazing, but we all know these  and sheep will buy anything that they feel others think is hot. But like the aforementioned artist it seems Drizzy is the ***** everyone loves to hate.

I have a few more but please discuss curious to see what others think and if yah agree or disagree.

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
King KTT said:
Yes I agree this is one I didn't put yet. Please explain your opinion. Just curious.
Went from ppl calling him the Best Rapper Alive to him being regarded as that old ass man who doesnt know when to let go.

Also getting snuffed by his sister in law aint help his cool factor either

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SosaTheRapper said:
Judging by ur username I'm guessing ur a cheif keef fan. Personally I think he can go up there to becuz everybody loved him but it seems a lot of ppl think he's down for the count. I am still rooting for AlmightySo still. But please, what's ur opinion???

·
Registered
72,864 Posts
King KTT said:
Judging by ur username I'm guessing ur a cheif keef fan. Personally I think he can go up there to becuz everybody loved him but it seems a lot of ppl think he's down for the count. I am still rooting for AlmightySo still. But please, what's ur opinion???
wtf

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$wank said:
Hate to say it op, can't agree with you on any of those really.

Wale, I guess, yeah.
Completely fine that's ur opinion. But do u have any that u think fit the description??

·
Banned
800 Posts
King KTT said:
Drake - 08-09-10 Drizzy was what everybody was talkin about(still being talked about all the time but those were more so the years where it was all positive gossip). ***** came out of the blue and took the world by storm. I am not a drake Stan by any means but I will give credit where credits due. He's an amazing all around artist. But as of the last I would say 2 or three years the soft jokes the memes and disses towards him make it seem that most people have turned on him. Yes his sales are still amazing, but we all know these  and sheep will buy anything that they feel others think is hot. But like the aforementioned artist it seems Drizzy is the ***** everyone loves to hate.

You remember in elementary and middle school when girls would have crushes on you they would make fun of you? Like compensation for their pride cause they were feeling you too much ?

Just gonna leave it at that

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
List invalid without Ye don't think i really need to give a reason why, Everyone loves Drake you people say a lot of jokes about him but thats cause it's funny tbh but he a cool dude, same with Cole people just like making fun of him but he cool, can't see why Tyga would be up there at all, and people just like trolling Wale there are tons of people who still thinks he's nice but just like every other artist people gonna say he fell of from what he used to be

·
Registered
69,918 Posts
im crine @ no kanye

·
Registered
50,168 Posts
King KTT said:
Completely fine that's ur opinion. But do u have any that u think fit the description??
You could put Kanye up there I guess. Especially with all that taylor swift bullshit and his outspokenness.

Obviously MBDTF was a turnaround but he's still more of a villain than the hero he used to be.

·
Registered
305 Posts
all these posts and no chris brown? he beat up rihanna c'mon

edit:eek:r do we not consider him hip hop?

edit 2: i don't consider j cole or wale hip hop, they're just garbage, and drake is puss so chris brown technically fits

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
deadbeatsea said:
You remember in elementary and middle school when girls would have crushes on you they would make fun of you? Like compensation for their pride cause they were feeling you too much ?

Just gonna leave it at that
Hahahahahah that may be true bruh. But then why would someone like Jay who is already established in every way, why would he attack drake. I can't agree with that. But maybe in pusha t's case I can agree, ***** gets no shine an he deserves it and he's just watching this night drake get all the glory

1 - 20 of 31 Posts