Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
14,637 Posts
I do think it's sad that the main breadwinners are always Jay-Z , Kanye , Lil Wayne or Eminem. It's always the same people that push big numbers.

·
Premium Member
100,174 Posts
Amityville said:
According to Billboard, the album is Jay-Z's top selling album of the 2000s and the 136th highest selling album of the decade in the United States.
Wiki of BA

·
Premium Member
74,077 Posts
The Voodoo Man said:
We're going to see more great albums from more great artists and rappers than ever before, no doubt. We have the legends dropping new stuff and numerous great up-and-comers with their own signature sound and style. There are dope songs and albums being released every week, at out fingertips. I can barely keep up. There's been like one hundred good/great projects from tons of different projects worth checking out in the last two years alone, all worth checking out.

Never has lyricism and production been at such a developed stage. And creativity and genre-blending is encouraged now, as opposed to realness and toughness which was required back in the nineties. We won't have to see artists have to do or say certain shit just to maintain credibility in the game. I also think lack of beef has helped push the genre forward into more of a friendly sport instead of a brutal drama.

However, I don't think there will be as many classics just becasue hip-hop isn't as open for influence as before. Almost everything has been tried before so it's tough to do something entirely original and game-changing. I mean, just in the past five years alone, how many subgenres of hip-hop have been established and popularized? Still, people are slow to accept change now becasue they're still deeply rooted to music back in the day and it'll take a while until some classics are actually established. But that's only expected. There's still no lack of innovation.

We just may be entering another golden age in hip-hop imo.

summerize

181 - 191 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.