Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the fact there just arent any new rappers coming through is enough. the few rappers that do come through get shit on by all of you because everyone is to busy dickriding 90s material.

in the 80s, 80s rapper dominated hip hop
in the 90s, 90s rappers dominated hip hop
in the 2000s, 2000s rapper dominated hip hop
in the 2010s, 90s and 2000s rappers dominate hip hop

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
Moseley said:
in the 80s, 80s rapper dominated hip hop
in the 90s, 90s rappers dominated hip hop
in the 2000s, 2000s rapper dominated hip hop
in the 2010s, 90s and 2000s rappers dominate hip hop
In the beginning of the 90's, 80's rappers still dominated hip hop
in the beginning of the 00's, 90's rappers dominated hip hop
It's the same for this decade

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jerry Rackhouse said:
In the beginning of the 90's, 80's rappers still dominated hip hop
in the beginning of the 00's, 90's rappers dominated hip hop
It's the same for this decade
no

·
Banned
23,989 Posts
We are two years into this decade. How the fuck could any new rapper dominate this decade?

And who the fuck cares about decades? It's so arbitrary and meaningless. Quality of music is far more important, not when they rose or when a song came out.

Hip-hop fans are the worst at this.

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
let me end this bullshit before it even starts

The Voodoo Man said:
We're going to see more great albums from more great artists and rappers than ever before, no doubt. We have the legends dropping new stuff and numerous great up-and-comers with their own signature sound and style. There are dope songs and albums being released every week, at out fingertips. I can barely keep up. There's been like one hundred good/great projects from tons of different projects worth checking out in the last two years alone, all worth checking out. 

Never has lyricism and production been at such a developed stage. And creativity and genre-blending is encouraged now, as opposed to realness and toughness which was required back in the nineties. We won't have to see artists have to do or say certain shit just to maintain credibility in the game. I also think lack of beef has helped push the genre forward into more of a friendly sport instead of a brutal drama. 

However, I don't think there will be as many classics just becasue hip-hop isn't as open for influence as before. Almost everything has been tried before so it's tough to do something entirely original and game-changing. I mean, just in the past five years alone, how many subgenres of hip-hop have been established and popularized? Still, people are slow to accept change now becasue they're still deeply rooted to music back in the day and it'll take a while until some classics are actually established. But that's only expected. There's still no lack of innovation. 

We just may be entering another golden age in hip-hop imo.
thank you and you're welcome

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
boxman15 said:
We are two years into this decade. How the fuck could any new rapper dominate this decade?

And who the fuck cares about decades? It's so arbitrary and meaningless. Quality of music is far more important, not when they rose or when a song came out.

Hip-hop fans are the worst at this.
by 92 pac completed dominated hip hop

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jerry Rackhouse said:
Nice arguement, so I'll counter with:

Yeah
but by 92 as iv said pac dominated hip hop

so did wu

i dont see where your going with this

by 2002 50 completly dominated hip hop

in 2012 a 90s rapper dominates hip hop

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
Moseley said:
but by 92 as iv said pac dominated hip hop

so did wu

i dont see where your going with this

by 2002 50 completly dominated hip hop

in 2012 a 90s rapper dominates hip hop
Jay was dominating hip-hop in the 2000's

Wayne/Drake/Rick Ross are all dominating hip hop now so I don't really see your point

·
Banned
35,353 Posts
huh. It's still early in the decade. Drake and whoever didn't even come round until mid-late 00s.

OP take your L. Hip Hop doesn't go by decades.

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jerry Rackhouse said:
Jay was dominating hip-hop in the 2000's

Wayne/Drake/Rick Ross are all dominating hip hop now so I don't really see your point
shawn didnt even come close to dominating hip hop until 2009

dwayne is undeniably the number 1 rapper right now and guess what? he is a 90s rapper

·
Registered
368 Posts
hip hop wont be dead, but is constantly getting watered down as it fuses with pop and now with dance/club/dubstep, hiphop will always be there, just not getting attention in its purest form.
Hip Hop will still be here, just not in the mainstream as it may have been in the 90s etc, unless someone revitalizes it.

kendrick will be the chosen one.... :ninja:

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
Moseley said:
shawn didnt even come close to dominating hip hop until 2009

dwayne is undeniably the number 1 rapper right now and guess what? he is a 90s rapper
How many #1 albums did Jay have in the the 2000's? 7....Jay was for sure running shit. 50 didn't even last to the end of the 2000's

Wayne's not a 90's rapper he got his start in the late 90's but let's not pretend that he was really running shit till 2008

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.