Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed ALOT (ALOT) Of ppl in the music section go on about lyrics, lyrics, lyrics. People are going to have to realize and accept what "new school" is. What the NORM was for hip hop decades ago, isnt today. This isnt the Wu-Tang Era, This isnt the Rakim Era, or Pac, or Biggie etc etc the list goes on. First off, if you think having the best lyrics, or best subject matter is what makes an artist the best nowadays then you really need to snap out of it. You think Kanye West, Drake, LiL Wayne, Rick Ross, OFWGKTA, Nicki Minaj, Big Sean etc etc etc., are some of the most popular and Famous hip hop faces because they have the best lyrics? :hah: NO. Its about the MUSIC. Music doesnt have the same power it did decades ago. This is a new era, a new generation. A new era where Charisma, Flamboyance, Status, Money, Power, Popularity, Charhacter etc etc is FAR, FAR superior to to who has the best lyrics. Thats why artist like Kendrick Lamar, Jay Electronica, Big Krit, etc are "Underratted" because they are the last of a DYING breed. Look at Lil B, you think he is fucking popular because of his "fire" lyrics, hahaha no.. Its LiL Bs Charhacter, Flamboyance, and Popularity that make him who he is. For example if you go on youtube and look up "charlie sheen" It has WAY more hits than "fuck your ethnicity" and other things similar, Because ppl really dont give a fuck about who has the best lyrics in 2012. Rap/Hip-Hop has changed and evoled and ppl need to look at the big picture instead of having dumbass debates about lyrics and Subject matter.    Agree, Disagree Discuss :work:

·
Banned
278,342 Posts
Jay Electronica and Kendrick are two of the most charismatic and engaging personalities in hip hop today. They also make some of the best music.

And hip hop has always been about the music. The type of music has evolved though. Why can't there be good "music" and good "lyrics. I use quotations because they shouldn't be separated. Why do we let these struggle rappers hop on the mic and support them even though they are no more talented a writer than you or me? Why can't rapper these days write lyrics that are equally as good as their beats?

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BOJANGLEZ said:
so basically what youre trying to say is 2 chainz is our lord and savior....
Oh my fucking black baby jesus. Is EVERYBODY in the music section a smartass? So ppl wanna ban me cause I speak the truth but ppl dont get banned for stupid shit? :facepalm2:

1 - 20 of 195 Posts