Kanye to The banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

Registered
SAINT WEST said:
hip hop culture is just black youth culture nothing in your op is law in hip hop and that's just the truth.
There's no such thing as real hip hop the name itself tells you what the culture is.
Stop listening to old heads about what is or isn't hip hop cause wu tang and tupac isn't what hip hop originally started as.

Registered
SAINT WEST said:
hip hop culture is just black youth culture nothing in your op is law in hip hop and that's just the truth.
There's no such thing as real hip hop the name itself tells you what the culture is.
Stop listening to old heads about what is or isn't hip hop cause wu tang and tupac isn't what hip hop originally started as.

Registered
kidvicous said:
:floyd: explain what your saying fam stop doin a few words and a sentence.

Explain
the way i interpreted that line was jay z saying that he stopped tryna rap like someone else and rapped like himself. it worked so he stopped trying to emulate common. :kanyeshrug:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
The Boy said:
the way i interpreted that line was jay z saying that he stopped tryna rap like someone else and rapped like himself. it worked so he stopped trying to emulate common. :kanyeshrug:
:dead: no fam that's not the meaning of the line do some research he's talked about it before and it's actually pretty clear in the song he straight up says "I dumbed down for my audience"

Do you not get the word play? be real about it I'll break it down for you

Registered
kidvicous said:
:dead: no fam that's not the meaning of the line do some research he's talked about it before and it's actually pretty clear in the song he straight up says "I dumbed down for my audience"

Do you not get the word play? be real about it I'll break it down for you
i could be wrong. thats just how i always interpreted it tbh

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
The Boy said:
i could be wrong. thats just how i always interpreted it tbh
Nah b you are wrong that's not what he means the whole point of the verse is too have him address accusation he's dumbed his shit down and admit to but also pack in like four references thus proving he still has the skill just chooses not to do it.

What your saying would work but it then defeats the purpose of the entire song and verse

"I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars-聽 He admits to dumbing down to get checks off the top

"They criticized me for it, yet they all yell "holla"-聽 Now he's saying even though people attack him for it they still sing along and listen

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli-聽 He's saying skill set wise even if he don't show it he's on Talib level whose considered one of the best rappers OAT.

Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense-
He's saying he would like to rap like Common Sense referencing the conscious MC but ALSO the phrase "common sense" you know when your mom or someone says don't you have any common sense?. So he's talking about Common the conscious rapper and how he wants to speak true shit like him but also saying he'd like to rap with some Common Sense aswell.

But I did 5 mill' 鈥 I ain't been rhyming like Common since- Even though he'd like too after gettin the 5 mill from dumb raps he's not goin to rap conscious like Common since but the way he says is also him saying I' gonna rap with common sense.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
The Boy said:
Also have you ever heard Jays 90s work? he's never rapped like Common fam

Registered
kidvicous said:
Nah b you are wrong that's not what he means the whole point of the verse is too have him address accusation he's dumbed his shit down and admit to but also pack in like four references thus proving he still has the skill just chooses not to do it.

What your saying would work but it then defeats the purpose of the entire song and verse

"I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars- He admits to dumbing down to get checks off the top

"They criticized me for it, yet they all yell "holla"- Now he's saying even though people attack him for it they still sing along and listen

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli- He's saying skill set wise even if he don't show it he's on Talib level whose considered one of the best rappers OAT.

Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense-
He's saying he would like to rap like Common Sense referencing the conscious MC but ALSO the phrase "common sense" you know when your mom or someone says don't you have any common sense?. So he's talking about Common the conscious rapper and how he wants to speak true shit like him but also saying he'd like to rap with some Common Sense aswell.

But I did 5 mill' - I ain't been rhyming like Common since- Even though he'd like too after gettin the 5 mill from dumb raps he's not goin to rap conscious like Common since but the way he says is also him saying I' gonna rap with common sense.
I dnt wanna be a disrespectful friend but I gotta say this post and the op is unfriendly as fck :khaled:
Because jay still told his stories in his rhymes
Shoot..jay's music is more self centered than anybodys cuz he mostly talks about his own life the only thing he admitted to was making it simpler for more friends to understand and buy into
Nothing about lying for more money
Pac was a friend who admitted to doing the same thing
So yea please think about your post and be a real friend and start making friendly threads, thank you :khaled2:

Songs 4 Friends Coming Soon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
px said:
hip hop isn't just music. there's 3 other elements btw
i know that I'm not talking bout those tho.

Why are you bringing those up when it's clear i'm focusing on the music part?

Registered
That is one little exemple of difference between Culture and Entertainment...
You can dedicate yourself and your life to one...

81 - 96 of 96 Posts