Kanye to The banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
26,214 Posts
kidvicous said:
This is fair but nothing to do with my point or MY basis of what Hip Hop culture is. What you're saying is fair fa but nothing to do with my point.

Whether or not he brought the game to new heights is irrelevant by that rule Mc Hamer and Vanilla Ice are cool aswell because of numbers.
And Jay didn't change the game fam we really not bout to get into this Jay discussion cause he's in my top OAT and I've defended and criticized him enough and written a paper bout old boy.

Diddy was a superior and IS a superior business man and there plenty of better rappers Jay has longevity and Brand he's even said it himself "I'm not a business man I am a Business...Man so let me handle my business damn!".

He's the biggest star in Hip Hop but he's an entertainer whose influenced many rappers he's also one of the best rappers oat and I hope he goes back for his Reasonable Doubts heights or even Black Album.

But goin of my own rules I set out I don't consider him in the culture
Ok now we got some action. :kanyeoh:

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
swank. said:
"he's very much a big part of it"

"But him being in it...no"

Again, running in circles.
:floyd: how? Nike has influenced how every sportswear brand operates are they involved with those brands? no! but they def influenced and inspired them.

This basically what I'm saying bout Jay expect the categories are a little different.

·
Registered
50,168 Posts
kidvicous said:
:floyd: how? Nike has influenced how every sportswear brand operates are they involved with those brands? no! but they def influenced and inspired them.

This basically what I'm saying bout Jay expect the categories are a little different.
hip hop isn't a brand

Nike influences sportswear

Are they apart of sportswear culture

Yea

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
warratz10 said:
In what way?
That's what I'm saying Jay was a wave rider and his best works have amazing producers behind them that lead the sound and he follows it.

Jay's not a heavy involved with every part guy he's a classic jump on it and flow which is why he's lasted so long in the game.

His greatest talent isn't being an artistic influence it's his brand and ability to keep going forward no matter the sound imo.

·
Registered
59,749 Posts
On the subject of Ross, I don't think he's all the way fake. IIRC he used to run with a group in Florida called the Boobie Boys or something and being a CO doesn't really absolve you of all illegal activity, there are  A LOT of crooked CO's. Mainly because people can be bought.

Also as far as Birdman goes, gang culture was alot different in NO than it was in Cali

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
swank. said:
hip hop isn't a brand

Nike influences sportswear

Are they apart of sportswear culture

Yea
:dead: I said that Hip Hop was a different category and that I wasn't fully on comparing them.

There are no straws to grasp because the argument you've made exist outside of the OP and you've yet to defend your actual points.

You've basically just in my thread going

·
Registered
38,320 Posts
kidvicous said:
I agree I was just basing this off what I've seen and shoutouts to you for not being stuck the 90s :khaled2:

Alot of ****** don't know freestyles when they first started actually were pre written but when radio got big in the 90s then ****** started goin off the top.
Yeah exactly it's so petty for older people to act like their hip hop is real hip hop when everything they like is a huge departure from the originators like Sugar Hill Gang for example. They turned hip hop culture into gang culture and we're turning into whatever we think is dope that's what hip hop is its forever changing.

·
Registered
35,499 Posts
SAINT WEST said:
Yeah exactly it's so petty for older people to act like their hip hop is real hip hop when everything they like is a huge departure from the originators like Sugar Hill Gang for example. They turned hip hop culture into gang culture and we're turning into whatever we think is dope that's what hip hop is its forever changing.
This describes it perfectly

·
Registered
50,168 Posts
Mac Wit Da Cheese said:
I'm so confused :floyd:

So who is hip hop culture?
depends man

I guess if you make hits you're not in the culture

Jay Z dumbed down to make hits so he isn't in the culture

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Mac Wit Da Cheese said:
I'm so confused :floyd:

So who is hip hop culture?
Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean, Big Daddy Kane, Kodak Black anyone who lives by what they say basically because that's the one thing everyone can agree on from both sides is that you gotta be real.

French Montanna is included by the way in the real catagory

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
swank. said:
depends man

Are you ever gonna tell us how Jay Z "changed the game again and again"?

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
swank. said:
depends man

Kendrick has hits and he hasn't DUMBED down tho that's my whole point it's the making hits or being mainstream but the fact he sacrificed his integrity for it and bragged about it.

Your defending him for something he's admitting to i the line fam he's saying I may not be on those guys level but I've got my hits and y money and that's what I want.

Jay has made it clear over the years what he's in this for man I'm not saying anything he hasn't over the years just putting hi into the category he most fits in.

You're being obtuse on purpose

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
SAINT WEST said:
Exactly I may not like Lil Uzi Vert or Yacthy but that doesn't mean they aren't Hip Hop

·
Banned
12,986 Posts
kn said:
OP is spot on for what he's going for, I agree with the differences. I personally might call it "hip-hop culture" vs "rap culture" though but that's just me. I'll also go on this and say that Drake's idea of "hip-hop beef" falls into the entertainment part. In hip-hop culture, beef is about lyrics, who's the best on wax, beat, what you say, the full package. It's not about who's more popular, who's more relevant and how many people peep your track, it's about you and the other person on wax. That's what Budden/Drake is about and why he doesn't care who listened to his track, he's about the culture. \

Drake on the other hand is more towards the entertainment aspect so his idea of beef isn't the same as those in hip-hop culture. That's why he can make fun of artists and what not in beef even though they make real statements. He's not for that "real hip-hop culture" stuff, he's on the other side. Two different things.
facts.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts