Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
16,290 Posts
Catholics have different aspects on religion than Christians, Catholicism deprives from Christianity yet Christianity isn't catholic. It's like saying that Judaism and Christianity are the same thing when they arent. They're two completely different religions basically due to the views of both of them.

·
Banned
16,290 Posts
KanyeWesticle said:
don't catholics focus their faith on mary and christians focus their faith on jesus christ?
Yeah they do, Catholics worship Virgin Mary instead of Jesus Christ. Christians focus on Jesus Christ/God/The holy spirit.

·
Banned
34,772 Posts
The answer is kinda in the air bc catholics consider themselves christians but a lot of protestant denominations dont, apparently some have a lot of disdain for catholics so i imagine thats the source of it

Christian is a blanket term for all denominations that worship christ, worshipping a person is considered idolatry (forbidden in the ten commandments) but christ and god are one and the same, he was god incarnate, and his godliness is worshipped not his humanity. So yes i would say catholics are christians

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
They're part of Christianity. A denomination, just like baptist, episcopalian, etc. Catholics love them some Mary and the saints, even pray to them, along with a whole host of different things they do than other Christian denominations.

·
Banned
44,666 Posts
culitati said:
Yeah they do, Catholics worship Virgin Mary instead of Jesus Christ. Christians focus on Jesus Christ/God/The holy spirit.
didnt even realize this :khaled:

i thought it had more to do with thinking u need a priest to filter ur prayers and confessions for god.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts