Kanye to The banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
In a recent interview Abel said CFMF was the last record they did for BBTM.  By that I interpret it as being the last one written and recorded, not the last one engineered and produced and mixed

Also, I read somewhere that Maty and Abel weren't in the studio together, Moccio was doing a session with her and he showed her The Weeknd's song and had her record over it, he showed it to Abel and Abel loved it.

Also there is no way Tell Your Friends originated with Doc/Ben Billions, Kanye has had been using that Soul Dog sample for years. that is clearly a Kanye/Mike Dean production.  I suspect that Kanye was the only feature, until Abel got Ed Sheeran/Lana and realized his feature budget was going to be out of control

what's crazy is how cohesive the album sounds despite this insanity.  i also heard that originally "as you are" was more of a hard record and then they turned it into a "feelings" record.  would love to hear the original version

makes me wonder how Starboy's recording went, I mean they knew this time from the get-go that the mainstream vision was what they wanted, but the fact that the Max Martin records weren't obvious #1 single attempts, the rumors of an Apple Music deal, and all the other people coming and going (Pharrell, Sam Smith, Cashmere Cat, Daft Punk, Future, Kendrick, Lana, etc.), as well as random Toronto people like Prince85 and Mustafa the Poet getting involved... must have been crazy to witness
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,630 Posts
the_collector said:
In a recent interview Abel said CFMF was the last record they did for BBTM.  By that I interpret it as being the last one written and recorded, not the last one engineered and produced and mixed

Also, I read somewhere that Maty and Abel weren't in the studio together, Moccio was doing a session with her and he showed her The Weeknd's song and had her record over it, he showed it to Abel and Abel loved it.

Also there is no way Tell Your Friends originated with Doc/Ben Billions, Kanye has had been using that Soul Dog sample for years. that is clearly a Kanye/Mike Dean production.  I suspect that Kanye was the only feature, until Abel got Ed Sheeran/Lana and realized his feature budget was going to be out of control

what's crazy is how cohesive the album sounds despite this insanity.  i also heard that originally "as you are" was more of a hard record and then they turned it into a "feelings" record.  would love to hear the original version

makes me wonder how Starboy's recording went, I mean they knew this time from the get-go that the mainstream vision was what they wanted, but the fact that the Max Martin records weren't obvious #1 single attempts, the rumors of an Apple Music deal, and all the other people coming and going (Pharrell, Sam Smith, Cashmere Cat, Daft Punk, Future, Kendrick, Lana, etc.), as well as random Toronto people like Prince85 and Mustafa the Poet getting involved... must have been crazy to witness
It's cohesive cause it's all recording sessions made for BBTM. If it had those dark doc songs it would've been a much better album but with a less cohesive sound cause the two albums would've been mashed together (like Pablo with SWISH and SHMG being mashed together). Also it surprises me that doc didn't want an album of singles if he then went on to make starboy cause that shit sounds more mainstream than bbtm, but at least it's better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,703 Posts
Tf was the point of writing a literal novel about something so fucking obvious. This isn't the da vinci code fam. It's grown men who get into petty arguments and shit changes. Not much to see here lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Charlinho said:
Tf was the point of writing a literal novel about something so fucking obvious. This isn't the da vinci code fam. It's grown men who get into petty arguments and shit changes. Not much to see here lol
Thread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,519 Posts
I believe most of the May leaks were supposed to be for the drugged out album. If any of you remember the mumbling snippet that Doc got mad about due to it leaking, it sounded really similar to a lot of the leaks; really bare experimental trap sounds. Obviously that particular snippet never leaked, but listen to it and then listen to any of the May leaks, they're pretty obviously from the same sessions.
I think Drunk In Love (Remix), Wanna See, Quatre Neuf, I'm Gone, Often, King of the Fall, Out Here, In the 90's, How Will I Know, OG Pullin' Up, and Over Now were all results of the early BBTM Doc sessions. Also Nothing Without You, but there's no real way to tell what that originally sounded like.

Either way, I doubt Abel was in the process of returning to his old sound before he changed direction like a lot of people think he did, I think he was making a trap album with Doc that got a few good demos out of a few sessions, but nothing much more than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
FutureSwag said:
I believe most of the May leaks were supposed to be for the drugged out album. If any of you remember the mumbling snippet that Doc got mad about due to it leaking, it sounded really similar to a lot of the leaks; really bare experimental trap sounds. Obviously that particular snippet never leaked, but listen to it and then listen to any of the May leaks, they're pretty obviously from the same sessions.
I think Drunk In Love (Remix), Wanna See, Quatre Neuf, I'm Gone, Often, King of the Fall, Out Here, In the 90's, How Will I Know, OG Pullin' Up, and Over Now were all results of the early BBTM Doc sessions. Also Nothing Without You, but there's no real way to tell what that originally sounded like.

Either way, I doubt Abel was in the process of returning to his old sound before he changed direction like a lot of people think he did, I think he was making a trap album with Doc that got a few good demos out of a few sessions, but nothing much more than that.
Don't worry Nav will bring the Trap Abel back just wait on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57,887 Posts
when you take one too many adderall and write an essay about none sense lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,520 Posts
the_collector said:
...but the fact that the Max Martin records weren't obvious #1 single attempts, the rumors of an Apple Music deal, and all the other people coming and going (Pharrell, Sam Smith, Cashmere Cat, Daft Punk, Future, Kendrick, Lana, etc.), as well as random Toronto people like Prince85 and Mustafa the Poet getting involved... must have been crazy to witness
Sam Smith? Coming and going? What, did they intend to collab? Tell me more please
 
81 - 100 of 107 Posts
Top