Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a huge stage fright issue. Like whenever (in school) I go up to perform or present, my legs start shaking extremely bad, my face turns red as an apple, and I sweat like crazy. And sometimes I'm not even nervous at all. In those times, I'm feeling fine, I get in front of the class, and I get nervous because all that stuff starts happening. But most of the time I get nervous because I have to perform/present something. This also happens when I make dumb mistakes in front of people, and I make tons of those :( But anyways, when I'm presenting or performing in front of a class/group of people, or about to, what can I do to make myself stay calm?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kingly said:
Hey guys, I have a huge stage fright issue. Like whenever (in school) I go up to perform or present, my legs start shaking extremely bad, my face turns red as an apple, and I sweat like crazy. And sometimes I'm not even nervous at all. In those times, I'm feeling fine, I get in front of the class, and I get nervous because all that stuff starts happening. But most of the time I get nervous because I have to perform/present something. This also happens when I make dumb mistakes in front of people, and I make tons of those :( But anyways, when I'm presenting or performing in front of a class/group of people, or about to, what can I do to make myself stay calm?
this sounds just like me except i studder and when i mess up i begin to speak louder like i'm yelling

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andman said:
this sounds just like me except i studder and when i mess up i begin to speak louder like i'm yelling
Oh and yeah I stutter too, and sometimes I'll say a word but it like doesn't come out, it's hard to explain.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
to get rid of stage fright....and i promise this works, get in from of people and say absolutely nothing...it will suck but the longer the silence goes on you will break. the next time you talk in front of people all shall be well.

I had to do this in a speech class and it was our first assignment. in order to know how to talk to a crown you must be comfortable standing there first...best tip i ever got.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kingly said:

LOL perfect. I've gotten on stage and performed loads of times (I've done plays and musicals, and I sing, played solos on the violin and piano, hosted shows for the school, did auditions, etc) and each time I still freak out before the show. I always have someone to calm me down. Eat bananas, those calm you down. Drink water. Give yourself a mantra too, like "okay i can do this, i can do this, i can do this" "I won't fuck up i won't fuck up i won't fuck up" "i'm here to have fun i'm here to have fun" "i'll be okay i'll be okay"

Honestly, like don't think people are naked lol. What I do is not focus on anyone. It really helps if you can't pick out any faces because it feels like you're alone. What else...

Oh I dance and move around a lot to get the jitters out haha and I breathe like a maniac.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Pyrolicious said:
LOL perfect. I've gotten on stage and performed loads of times (I've done plays and musicals, and I sing, played solos on the violin and piano, hosted shows for the school, did auditions, etc) and each time I still freak out before the show. I always have someone to calm me down. Eat bananas, those calm you down. Drink water. Give yourself a mantra too, like "okay i can do this, i can do this, i can do this" "I won't fuck up i won't fuck up i won't fuck up" "i'm here to have fun i'm here to have fun" "i'll be okay i'll be okay"

Honestly, like don't think people are naked lol. What I do is not focus on anyone. It really helps if you can't pick out any faces because it feels like you're alone. What else...

Oh I dance and move around a lot to get the jitters out haha and I breathe like a maniac.
this works wonders OP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pyrolicious said:

I can't really do any of that in class before I'm about to present... And I never really perform in anything it's usually only class presentations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kingly said:
I can't really do any of that in class before I'm about to present... And I never really perform in anything it's usually only class presentations.
Oh yes you can! Breathing exercises, eat bananas, don't focus on anyone (even though you're supposed to "look at everyone in the room" just look above their heads) and have a silent mantra

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pyrolicious said:
Oh yes you can! Breathing exercises, eat bananas, don't focus on anyone (even though you're supposed to "look at everyone in the room" just look above their heads) and have a silent mantra
Alright I'll try some of that

·
Registered
11,006 Posts
Just say fuck it, and do you. Worrying about what other ppl will thk of you is pointless. Just be confident in who u are and you'll do fine. And if that doesn't work....then just thk; your gonna be dead in 80 years so who really gives a fuck lol.

·
Registered
89,167 Posts
i used to have the same shit with me.....just the red thing and started forgetting words. i just focus on what im saying and what im presenting rather then the people and what they think about you

·
Registered
62,430 Posts
Practicing a lot before the presentation helps.

If you can identify issues in the practice sessions, you can fIx them for the live presentation.

·
Registered
32,637 Posts
the key is making sure you know and understand what you're talking about. Make sure you truly know what it is you are presenting about, that will help you a lot. Also, practice practice practice...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts