Kanye to The banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I roll in a BMW X3 and I'm interested in installing subs. However, I do not want it to overpower my music to the point where everything is distorted and you can't even hear your boy rapping. My brother has an Alpine Type R in his trunk but when you play Kanye, it's just on big ass massaging chair. So are there any subs that aren't the best but gets the job done?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
You can run the best speakers on the planet and your car can still sound like trash if the sound isn't processed and tunned correctly. (like your friend)

If you're looking for good bass that accents music and doesn't overpower other sounds, I'd recommend a set of 10 inch woofers in a band-pass enclosure.
The necessary amp and wattage you run is entirely up to you.
Just be sure you have a head unit with an EQ, fader, balance, and sub controls so you can fine tune your system to sound how you want it to.

But if you're like me and cringe at the idea of removing a factory head unit from a luxury car, then you may want to consider and external EQ/crossover processing unit so that you can have all the sound tweaking and tunning features of a top of the line head unit while keeping your dash clean and classy.
Something like this Clarion EQS746l

1 - 5 of 5 Posts