Kanye to The banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im relatively new to rapping, and when i actually get around to recording something, all i have is audacity and an xbox headset. so quality is usually lacking. i have adobe audition, but when i record over a beat, the song will skip at random times, and ruin the playback completely. any idea how to fix that??

plus, does anyone know where i can get a cheap but good quality mic?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have a samson c01u and its nice. its a usb mic so u just plug into ur computer through usb. and as for audition, i use that too, and if it's skipping you may have to just get a better computer. that happened on my old computer that wasnt as updated as my moms, which i use now. and when you get adobe audition and a better mic, i can give you the settings i use to have a pretty decent studio quality sound

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tips; looks like ill be stuck with what i have for a while though. if could get a job then that $100 for the mic would be fine.

·
0 Posts
Well, a headset isn't a bad way to start at all.
Adobe Audition is great if you know how to work it since it has so many features and options to work with.
As for other microphones, the cheapest for great quality is a USB Condenser Mic like roBert has.

I am not sure how to fix your problem, it could be your RAM in your computer or the program.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Try to restart your computer before you start recording or make sure you dont have a lot of stuff opened when you record and that should make AA stop skipping.

Y

·
0 Posts
SouthSide Chi said:
Try to restart your computer before you start recording or make sure you dont have a lot of stuff opened when you record and that should make AA stop skipping.
this

and i as well have a USB mic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts