Kanye to The banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had an ongoing battle with writers block for the past year & half... like sometimes i've been able to write 16s when under pressure to do something for a friend but its doesn't come as easy as it used to and its never as good as my old rhymes of they are times when i just cant write at all.... like not even one line. i also used to produce & sketch from time to time but havent done so as much so i dont know if this is a creative slump of just writers block or a result of my depression.

but anyway, anyone here suffered from writers block? and how'd you get over?

·
Registered
57,118 Posts
I'm going through the same here man (For just about the same amount of time too), it really sucks I think it's because I've been doing this for a while and written so much that my writing process just came to a halt (It makes me feel stupid sometimes I swear). Like you said from time to time (few weeks every few months) I'll have a good few things coming out but I'm trying to find my way back too. Maybe it's a lack of inspiration (hearing artist saying what you would say or something of the likes) or motivation (If you actually want to make it and your comparing yourself to those who have or whatever). We just have to push through it, it's like a test to see if we can handle it I guess.

Overall just try to find more things to write about, get out of the comfort zone try another genre, something. 

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carbonlynx said:
I'm going through the same here man (For just about the same amount of time too), it really sucks I think it's because I've been doing this for a while and written so much that my writing process just came to a halt (It makes me feel stupid sometimes I swear). Like you said from time to time (few weeks every few months) I'll have a good few things coming out but I'm trying to find my way back too. Maybe it's a lack of inspiration (hearing artist saying what you would say or something of the likes) or motivation (If you actually want to make it and your comparing yourself to those who have or whatever). We just have to push through it, it's like a test to see if we can handle it I guess.

Overall just try to find more things to write about, get out of the comfort zone try another genre, something. 
thats trillest advice i've got on it... it think its cos im 18 now and i keep comparing myself to other yungins around me, and i feel pressure to sort of have to appeal them to get my shit heard but instead i should keep doing my more lyrical/personal shit like i used to

i just feel so conflicted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts