Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seem to be some people here of the opinion that Kanye has *improved* as an artist over the course of his career. This isn't necessarily to say that 808s is better than Late Registration, but it means that in a general way he has gotten better and better, and now he is maybe in his "creative golden age".

But I got to thinking about this in terms of actual songs and have come to conclusions about which ones shows best illustrate his production and lyrical talent: and as the thread title states, both of those songs came early on in his career, Heart of the City obviously quite early - and if you really know your trivia - a song he recorded in his apartment - and as far as I know, no Mike Deans, no Timbalands to help on the drums, no nothing. Just Kanye and his signature sampling. And 10 years later I still believe that is his best production.

Lyrics? College Dropout comes to mind in a big way, and more specifically, Through the Wire. Through the Wire puts fourth the classic clever-cheesy Kanye but in a way that is sincere and commendable. And that was 2004.

Just something to think about. I can't say Kanye has improved in many ways. He's gone in many different direction and has put out 5 excellent if not masterful albums.

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
LITW or Street Lights = his best production ever
tbh

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
I consider Izzo to be Kanyes best produced song. Izzo will go down in history as one of the best produced hip hop tracks in history.

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Izzo has a way much better production than Heart of the City, and I do like Heart of the City more.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Jonathon Amaya said:
Los in the World...
oohhhh kanye didnt produce that completely...i remember an interview of a dude who said kanye sent him the drums to redo them. He didnt get his credit tho.  And jeff bausner or w.e his name helped produce it too. And it was bon ivers song "in the woods". So kanye didnt do much himself. I wouldnt count that beat unless he entirely produced it..ya kno?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts