Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten about 45 minutes of sleep in the last 3 days.

I'm not on medication, I smoke weed and drink maybe couple times a month nowadays.

I've just been in a relentless cycle where i need to sleep, lay in bed for 3 hours and eventually realize nothings happening, get up and do something for a minute, try to go back to sleep and don't. Then I go to work.

Just worked a 16 hour shift today because of a callout, idk how I pulled it off. I was so damn sleepy. Eventuay my body kicked in some endorphins or something and my fatigue was gone. It's been like this for 3 days.

I know it's not healthy but I really don't what's brought this spout of insomnia.

I've had it before but it has never lasted more than a day.

·
Registered
50,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Help

·
Registered
47,429 Posts
Leo DatOscarDoe said:

I'm not on medication, I smoke weed and drink maybe couple times a month nowadays.

I've just been in a relentless cycle where i need to sleep, lay in bed for 3 hours and eventually realize nothings happening, get up and do something for a minute, try to go back to sleep and don't. Then I go to work.

Just worked a 16 hour shift today because of a callout, idk how I pulled it off. I was so damn sleepy. Eventuay my body kicked in some endorphins or something and my fatigue was gone. It's been like this for 3 days.

I know it's not healthy but I really don't what's brought this spout of insomnia.

:cosby: go to sleep ***** turn off the lights and close your eyes

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
OP listen to me, get up at 7 am every morning.

Never lay in bed unless you are sleeping!

Stay off phone before you go to sleep (websites will tell you an hour but really man just 20 minutes is fine, just don't get ur mind racing)

I have had problems with insomnia all my life but ever since I started working and having to get up, when I lay down to sleep I no longer wake up in the middle of the night and I'm not laying in bed awake for hours

·
Registered
50,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ScottT said:
OP listen to me, get up at 7 am every morning.

Never lay in bed unless you are sleeping!

Stay off phone before you go to sleep (websites will tell you an hour but really man just 20 minutes is fine, just don't get ur mind racing)

I have had problems with insomnia all my life but ever since I started working and having to get up, when I lay down to sleep I no longer wake up in the middle of the night and I'm not laying in bed awake for hours
Imma have to try this. Imma play one last game of 2k and then try again. Phone completely away and everything.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Leo DatOscarDoe said:
Imma have to try this. Imma play one last game of 2k and then try again. Phone completely away and everything.
It's about routine man. The most important thing is to get up really early everyday. Tire yourself out. I'm trying my best to remain on a regimine, tonight I'm a little off track but whatever, it happens.

·
Registered
23,241 Posts
I use to have a similar problem in high school.

I would go out. Have a full day and come back home at night watch tv, browse the web or something and lay in room for hours trying to sleep. I'd constantly get bored just sitting there and I'd get up to do stuff which would only make stay up even later.

I's end up be so exhausted during the day and energized at nights. It was like my brain was just super active or something once it was dark out.

I decided to put my brain to work at night. If I couldn't sleep, I would just write until I couldn't anymore. For me I wrote stories. Short stories, screenplays, articles, pretty much anything I can think. It was a good way to get all those abstract thoughts out of my mind so I could finally let my mind rest at night. I was still staying up late, like 6 am and shit, but I was feeling better.

As weeks went by I kept writing and pretty soon I graduate it started going to bed earlier. I went from falling asleep at 6am to 4am. From 4am to 3am. 3am to 2am and so on. Pretty soon I was falling asleep at 11pm and I started feeling refreshed in the morning. I got really invested into writing and eventually became a thing I got pretty good at. I would think about it all day a just spent my afternoons after school writing until bedtime. It became my daytime and afternoon activity.

Writing mixed with my after school sports and shit made both mentally and physically tired at night. My body and mind had spent the day working and needed rest, so it rested.

Basically, the point in trying to make is to workout during the day and find another hobby or activity that will interest you and challenge you mentally, so your body will crave restful sleep.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
CurlyZ said:
I use to have a similar problem in high school.

I would go out. Have a full day and come back home at night watch tv, browse the web or something and lay in room for hours trying to sleep. I'd constantly get bored just sitting there and I'd get up to do stuff which would only make stay up even later.

I's end up be so exhausted during the day and energized at nights. It was like my brain was just super active or something once it was dark out.

I decided to put my brain to work at night. If I couldn't sleep, I would just write until I couldn't anymore. For me I wrote stories. Short stories, screenplays, articles, pretty much anything I can think. It was a good way to get all those abstract thoughts out of my mind so I could finally let my mind rest at night. I was still staying up late, like 6 am and shit, but I was feeling better.

As weeks went by I kept writing and pretty soon I graduate it started going to bed earlier. I went from falling asleep at 6am to 4am. From 4am to 3am. 3am to 2am and so on. Pretty soon I was falling asleep at 11pm and I started feeling refreshed in the morning. I got really invested into writing and eventually became a thing I got pretty good at. I would think about it all day a just spent my afternoons after school writing until bedtime. It became my daytime and afternoon activity.

Writing mixed with my after school sports and shit made both mentally and physically tired at night. My body and mind had spent the day working and needed rest, so it rested.

Basically, the point in trying to make is to workout during the day and find another hobby or activity that will interest you and challenge you mentally, so your body will crave restful sleep.
that's deep af

·
Registered
63,503 Posts
Lmaoo, I just for some reason can't go to sleep at night.  Then I end up falling asleep in the middle of the day.

·
Banned
17,441 Posts
I went 36 hours with no sleep last summer, and staying up is probably stunting what little growth I have :allears:

But seriously, it does suck. The best thing you can do is turn off all electronics 30 minutes before bed, read, masturbate, or count sheep. I don't think sleeping pills are ever the permanent answers, so why even start them.
Leo DatOscarDoe said:

·
Registered
50,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Universe said:
Did you fix this shit? I can't sleep myself
Yeah man. I excersize more regularly. Turned off absolutely all electronics. Also I drank a glass of milk, don't know why but it calms me down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts