Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good questions to ask her? She thought the earth wouldn't be habitable if it were 1 mile further away from the sun :cmon:

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously, please give me questions that she'l find hard to answer/explain, I don't know enough about religion to make these points.

·
Banned
38,358 Posts
Axyend said:
Seriously, please give me questions that she'l find hard to answer/explain, I don't know enough about religion to make these points.
Tell her Adam and eve have bellybuttons and shell implode

·
Banned
85,170 Posts
Why you tryna tell get she's wrong? Just let her believe what she wants to believe init. I'm from a Christian background so I'd be happy to have this debate though if you want, since this girl sounds dumb as fuck

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IAmHipHop said:
Ask about dinosaurs? Say... if God created the universe, who or what created God?
Tell her if you pray that a coin will land on tails 5 times in a row then you flip a coin 5 times, why won't it land on tails each time?
Ask her if she's ever seen God? Ask if she believes in evolution
Did those already :(

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WeddingRingFlows said:
Why you tryna tell get she's wrong? Just let her believe what she wants to believe init. I'm from a Christian background so I'd be happy to have this debate though if you want, since this girl sounds dumb as fuck
I don't mind her having her beliefs, but in general she's one of the most ignorant people I've ever met, so I'd like to see her actually consider other views for once.

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Axyend said:
I don't mind her having her beliefs, but in general she's one of the most ignorant people I've ever met, so I'd like to see her actually consider other views for once.
if she's ignorant she probably won't even listen to you

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YeezItalia said:
if she's ignorant she probably won't even listen to you
That's why I'm asking for you guys to giving something that will at least put a hint of doubt in her mind.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Does she take the bible literally? Like believe that Noah actually built an arc with 2 of every animal and not treat the tale as a parable?

·
Registered
24,430 Posts
IAmHipHop said:
Tell her if you pray that a coin will land on tails 5 times in a row then you flip a coin 5 times, why won't it land on tails each time?
loob don't ask her this

·
Registered
40,335 Posts
Thread so far is pretty stupid; here are some points that you could make:

Why do you believe in God? Do you believe in Him because you have faith in the fact that he is ever-loving and ever-knowing, or do you believe in Him simply because you are afraid that you are going to spend the rest of eternity in hell.

Also, if God is of infinite love, how do you reconcile a finite amount of crimes committed by a human being, with an infinite amount of torture hell.

Prove that Jesus: I) existed, and II) was a good man. The Bible consists of both fictional and non-fictional stories/allegories, respectively. How do you know that the life of Jesus is not just another allegory of symbolism.

I could keep going if you want more questions.

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nefari said:
Does she take the bible literally? Like believe that Noah actually built an arc with 2 of every animal and not treat the tale as a parable?
I think so.

When I asked her about dinosaurs, she said: "It says god created the world in 6 days, but our view is that the days might not be 'days' "

And she said that because we can't artificially recreate "love" it's proof that god gave us that. So I said: "Just because we haven't done that yet, doesn't mean it's impossible" to which she said: "After all these years on the planet?"

so basically "We don't know exactly how love works, so we can't have learned how to love without god" so I asked her if she knows how her computer works, to which she said no, so I then asked her: "By your logic, you can't use your laptop then, if you don't know how it works." to which she said: "No, that's different, because a laptop is tangible." :cmon:

i then said: "so is your body" "but love isn't!" "If your brain dies, you can't love anymore"  :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Axyend said:
That's why I'm asking for you guys to giving something that will at least put a hint of doubt in her mind.
well

christians say God is good and almighty
if God is good, there shouldn't be evil
but there is evil, so god isn't almighty; if he was almighty, he would have erased evil, since he's good.
so God is either good and not almighty (but what's a non-almighty god? not a god, at all) or bad and almighty (so we shouldn't preach him).

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YeezItalia said:
well

christians say God is good and almighty
if God is good, there shouldn't be evil
but there is evil, so god isn't almighty; if he was almighty, he would have erased evil, since he's good.
so God is either good and not almighty (but what's a non-almighty god? not a god, at all) or bad and almighty (so we shouldn't preach him).
Nah, she said: "God didn't create sin, it's humanity's fault"

·
Registered
40,335 Posts
These are the type of Christians that embarrass our religion. The Bible is not meant to be taken literally since most of it was written by writers whom were inspired by the Holy Ghost and weren't there to write down the events that they witnessed first hand. When a person says that they truly believe that God created the Universe in six consecutive twenty-four hour periods prove that they lack something known as "logic" or "common sense".

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Axyend said:
Nah, she said: "God didn't create sin, it's humanity's fault"
but if God's good he can change it. or better, he wouldn't even had created evil in man's mentality.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts