Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a lot of the less hardcore fans, the casual fans, and the mainstream totally wrote off 808s after they heard Love Lockdown and Heartless, slamming Kanye for not putting out a rap album and therefore assuming that the whole thing is trash.

I would bet decent money that MOST of the people who dislike 808s have never sat down and listened to it all the way through - and honestly, I can't blame them - I myself wouldn't bother listening to the whole album if I weren't a big Ye stan or if I didn't like LLD or Heartless. But unlike many other artists, those two staple tracks cannot speak for the entire album. Have these people heard Street Lights or Welcome to Heartbreak? I don't think I know anyone on here or in real life who flat out hates those tracks, in fact, most of the people I know really like them. I wonder what people thought when they heard Amazing playing during the Playoffs in 2009..."man, this track is kinda cool." Did you know that song is from that album with that other autotune crap? And who can forget Robocop - I think most mainstream listeners would find those strings addicting.

I just wish 808s wasn't written off so quickly by some people - I know plenty of people here and out in the world appreciate it quite a lot, in some cases calling it a masterpiece (as I admittedly would), but for those who don't feel this way - let it sink in, let it grow on you. Next time your friend insults autotune Kanye, tell him to listen to Street Lights and feel like he's being taken into some other world.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
American Terrorist said:
finally agree with you :h5:
Haha, there we go man. Yeah don't take offense, I mess with people but I'm never out to make anyone feel bad (unless they are being really stupid).

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DatCrackMusic said:
some of my friends were telling me that 808's was kanye selling out  :facepalm:
How does that make any sense? What did you say? It is the opposite of selling out LOL.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Timesitheus said:
How does that make any sense? What did you say? It is the opposite of selling out LOL.
i told them exactly that. i said it was probably his most heartfelt album, and he knew that the mainstream wasnt gonna except it as easily as his typical rap albums. they were just like "blahblahabalahblahautotuneblahblahbahblah"

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
the only reason why someone wouldnt like it is becuase they judge it to quickly based off the autotune. that might make them feel like hes sold out, but if they give "street lights" a listen then they'll defintely know thats not the case at all.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I love 808's its a masterpiece,and it seems to be wrote of because he is a hip hop artist and comes around with a album centered around singing so thats taboo for some odd reason.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brennan said:
I love 808's its a masterpiece,and it seems to be wrote of because he is a hip hop artist and comes around with a album centered around singing so thats taboo for some odd reason.
TBH, this right here is exactly what makes Ye better than everybody else. He progresses, breaks the rules, and whatever he is doing, he is doing it with extreme quality.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i listened to it two or three times all the way through before writing it off

a few tracks were beautiful and i still love them but the rest of the album was meh

i was disappoint

·
0 Posts
DatCrackMusic said:
some of my friends were telling me that 808's was kanye selling out  :facepalm:
smh...I hate it when Underground Hip Hop Heads who never liked Ye in the first place say he sold out when he made 808's and then act like they use to dig his music...There's nothing commercial about 808's...Heartless was like the only song with real commericial appeal on the album...

·
0 Posts
Wow what's an 808? :facepalm: "I'm dying to know" do  know how to use GOOGLE (and 808s has other stuff do do with the drum machine..Hawaii, hotel door number..think that was it

·
0 Posts
UltraKid said:
smh...I hate it when Underground Hip Hop Heads who never liked Ye in the first place say he sold out when he made 808's and then act like they use to dig his music...There's nothing commercial about 808's...Heartless was like the only song with real commericial appeal on the album...
THIS

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Timesitheus said:
Lol, its ok man, I get this at least 8 times every thread I make. Used to it.
Jk hehe I read all threads but I'm trying to earn a rep as a troll up in this bitch

Shh don't tell anyone tho!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts