Kanye to The banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't seen this fight I suggest you set aside an hour or so and watch it, one of the greatest fights ever in my opinion. Long Live The Dark Destroyer.


Too long didn't watch:

McClellan moved up in weight to challenge WBC super middleweight champion Nigel Benn in London on February 25, 1995. The fight was watched by an estimated 17 million people on television and 10,300 paying spectators.

McClellan dropped Benn, who went out of the ring in round one. They continued battling, but the fight had a devastating ending. McClellan knocked Benn down again in the eighth round but Benn was able to continue and after enduring numerous punches from Benn, McClellan slumped to one knee in round ten. He took the mandatory eight count, resumed boxing, but soon dropped to his knee for a second time. He was counted out. He returned to his corner but appeared to be unable to stand and lost consciousness. McClellan briefly regained consciousness in the ambulance and ripped off his oxygen mask.

McClellan had emergency surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain. He spent eleven days in a coma and after which, he was found to have suffered extensive brain damage. He lost his eyesight, the ability to walk unassisted and became 80 percent deaf. Sports Illustrated ran an article about the fight and its outcome one week after the fight. McClellan's family flew to be by his side, and later he was flown back to his home country. He has recently recovered some ability to walk, being helped by a cane, but he has not recovered his eyesight. In addition to being blind and almost deaf, his short-term memory was also profoundly affected. His three sisters, particularly Lisa McClellan, are responsible for his care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,060 Posts
it was great but i still like these fights more

Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo
Aaron Pryor Alexis Arguello
Felix Trinidad vs Fernando Vargas
Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Erik Morales
Micky Ward vs Arturo Gatti
Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier
Riddick Bowe vs. Evander Holyfield
Vassiliy Jirov vs. James Toney
Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquez
Ivan Robinson vs. Arturo Gatti
Naseem Hamed vs. Kevin Kelley
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heat27 said:
it was great but i still like these fights more

Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo
Aaron Pryor Alexis Arguello
Felix Trinidad vs Fernando Vargas
Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Erik Morales
Micky Ward vs Arturo Gatti
Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier
Riddick Bowe vs. Evander Holyfield
Vassiliy Jirov vs. James Toney
Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquez
Ivan Robinson vs. Arturo Gatti
Naseem Hamed vs. Kevin Kelley
I remember this fight, Prince Nas used to be so damn good, it's a shame to see him the way he is now days though, Khan probably gonna go the same as him tbh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,060 Posts
Wenger The God said:
I remember this fight, Prince Nas used to be so damn good, it's a shame to see him the way he is now days though, Khan probably gonna go the same as him tbh.
khan not a bad fighter but that chin is fucking glass
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heat27 said:
khan not a bad fighter but that chin is fucking glass
True, even worse though is the fact that his corner are a bunch of yes men pushing him into fights that he can't win, there's talks of a Mayweather fight a year from now which will end his career. I will say though that his hand speed is probably unmatched right now in professional boxing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,060 Posts
Wenger The God said:
True, even worse though is the fact that his corner are a bunch of yes men pushing him into fights that he can't win, there's talks of a Mayweather fight a year from now which will end his career. I will say though that his hand speed is probably unmatched right now in professional boxing.
i wouldnt say his corner is pushing him into fights. khan been the one pushing for some of these fights. he said now he wants to fight lucas matthysse.

 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top