Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
22,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like Kanye hasn't hit his peak yet.

I know a lot of you would say he has, musically -- and to some extent I'd agree. (MBDTF GOAT)

But what about in terms of an artist and his popularity?

I feel like every year he gains more popularity and fame (under good or bad circumstances)

His music is always changing and improving, also growing as an artist with each release.

Do you think Ye will ever hit his peak or will he forever be growing? 

mans also about to be a billionaire because of Adidas :yejoice:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Musically...maybe and I don't think thats a bad thing. You have to consider the length of time he has been invested in Music. You can see he has other ventures he has to split focus with so it would be very difficult to match that insane quality that he was able to put out at one time. But I loved TLOP and I can see he can still make good music, just not at the level of previous albums where literal days were consumed for months, not just weeks getting them ready.

Creatively however, I dont think he's even hit the halfway point of the ascension.

All he needed was the infastructure :yejoice:

·
Registered
22,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DI6I said:
Musically...maybe and I don't think thats a bad thing. You have to consider the length of time he has been invested in Music. You can see he has other ventures he has to split focus with so it would be very difficult to match that insane quality that he was able to put out at one time. But I loved TLOP and I can see he can still make good music, just not at the level of previous albums where literal days were consumed for months, not just weeks getting them ready.

Creatively however, I dont think he's even hit the halfway point of the ascension.

:yejoice: :yejoice: :yejoice:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think it's very interesting personally. I try to look at everything from an objective point of view. I follow all kanye related accounts on social media and I have an account here. If you take that away, I don't think he gets mentioned any more than other artists on media pages with the exception of complex. So, outside of the Kanye world we all seem to live in, I don't know if he is making a huge dent in society today. Or anyway for that matter. I'm not sure people outside of his fandom really care. But I open the discussion...

Most people I know could care less about what he does. It's only us that obsess over every move he makes and it's because we're inside that bubble. At least that's what I think. :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
24,378 Posts
DI6I said:

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
DI6I said:

Was going to post something like this but I see you've already did. He's still out here changing the game. I don't even think there is a peak to his creativity. The sky is really the limit for him at this point.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Australiathegawd said:
There was a time literally anything he touched was pure golden. Anybody who has been a fan long enough would know.
do you think he has been whored out? so to speak and for lack of a better term 

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Well his peak is Graduation. From a commercial and public POV. Everyone was on his dick back then. But he is more popular with TLOP than he has been in a while. His next era will be interesting.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
DI6I said:

This

·
Registered
40,328 Posts
I feel like he peaked at Yeezus

TLOP wasn't bad, it's my favorite project of the year. But it didn't hit as hard as Yeezus to me

·
Registered
31,623 Posts
Musically, he peaked back in 2010 with MBDTF. He's never going to make an album of that caliber ever again in life. Yeezus was dope too, but MBDTF was him at the top of the mountain. He had nowhere to go but down after that album. It was almost too good, if that makes sense.

It's not just him though, it happens to everyone eventually. Eminem has peaked with The Eminem Show, Jay-Z has peaked with The Black Album, Lil Wayne has peaked with Tha Carter 3 (or Carter 3 Sessions), etc...

The only thing we can hope for is that Turbo Grafx 16 will be a very good album with good replay value (and not that TLOP mess), but don't expect it to be on the level of The College Dropout, Late Registration, or MBDTF (the BIG 3). That ship has already sailed.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts