• Yeah, I see what you mean. The beats back then were A little better

Votes: 27 27.8%
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Do U guys think?

-I dont think its been as good as it was years ago when he was coming up. Like, back when he was hungry for the fame. I mean every1 knows he has a godlike work ethic, but i just dont think the beats are as good as when he was an upstart. Tbh, I think that there are WAY too many distractions, with the WTT Tour AND that Women's fashion (which I hope does well b/c  Kanye put so much work into it, but its not something i would pay attention to). I mean, overall, I personally think the beats he had early on were a lil better. But beats like Otis, Monster, AOTL were outstanding. But he also had some "meh, it could be better" beats. When I hear the song "Comfortable" by Wayne, I'm like "yeah Kanye put his FOOT in this beat." And when I listen to Finding Forever and Be, I'm in the same mindset. Not to mention CD and LR.

-Some of the Songs i Wanst feeling beatwise: Hate, Forever, Dreaming of your Love 2012, A Star is Born, Touch It (Pusha T song), It's ALright (saigon's song), Eyez closed, On my Own (Consequence song), Magic Man

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
I think he just changed his style of production.

It was cool when he took the reins off of the beatmaking and had musicians and No ID arrange and compose his beats, but recently, he's been using other beatmakers like Hit Boy, and that I'm not a fan of.

As long as he got Ken Lewis, Mike Dean, Jeff Bhasker, and No ID, then I'm sure he'll be fine.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
I agree, but atleast name the recent beats he did that you arent really feeling :cmon:....for me, its Hate, Forever Young(didnt really add anything to it) and some others.

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B-ri said:
I agree, but atleast name the recent beats he did that you arent really feeling :cmon:....for me, its Hate, Forever Young(didnt really add anything to it) and some others.
Updated the OP

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lil Kim...Jong Un said:
so we just gonna ignore MBDTF legendary production? :joe:
Im talking about songs That Kanye prod. by himself, only by himself. No Jeff Bhasker, or No ID or anyone

·
Registered
17,491 Posts
God CheckMate said:
Im talking about songs That Kanye prod. by himself, only by himself. No Jeff Bhasker, or No ID or anyone
who cares what he produced by himself. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead and more if not all rock bands have multiple people contributing to the production process. that's why Thom Yorke, John Lennon are still considered musical geniuses, even though they didn't make their music entirely solo.

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lil Kim...Jong Un said:
who cares what he produced by himself. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead and more if not all rock bands have multiple people contributing to the production process. that's why Thom Yorke, John Lennon are still considered musical geniuses, even though they didn't make their music entirely solo.
I care what he produced by himself. I am an avid fan of Yeezy, so i really dont care what lennon and yorke did b/c i dont know much about them. If i did, i would be forced to say something about them too

·
Registered
17,491 Posts
God CheckMate said:
I care what he produced by himself. I am an avid fan of Yeezy, so i really dont care what lennon and yorke did b/c i dont know much about them. If i did, i would be forced to say something about them too
why though? why do you care what he produced himself? he oversee's all his music anyway, no matter if the track has co-producers or not.

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lil Kim...Jong Un said:
why though? why do you care what he produced himself? he oversee's all his music anyway, no matter if the track has co-producers or not.
I care about his individual skill. Theres nothing wrong with that

·
Registered
17,491 Posts
God CheckMate said:
I care about his individual skill. Theres nothing wrong with that
what I'm saying is, kanye might tell mike dean to add some synths or guitar or jeff bhasker to add synths or keyboard. that's what a producer is, they are the Director. Similar to making a film, it's a collabrotive process.

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lil Kim...Jong Un said:
what I'm saying is, kanye might tell mike dean to add some synths or guitar or jeff bhasker to add synths or keyboard. that's what a producer is, they are the Director. Similar to making a film, it's a collabrotive process.
im pretty sure they add stuff of their own to tracks

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lil Kim...Jong Un said:
exactly! it's a collaborative process. That's what I'm trying to tell you, there's nothing wrong with that.
i thought u meant that kanye tells them what to do, but they dont put their own personal spin on.

But be that as it may, im not talking about other producers. Just kanye's individual beats

·
Registered
18,204 Posts
Maybe.
Honestly i'm still not feeling the Otis beat and that's the only one he did by himself recently, also Dion even questioned him as a producer so that must mean something.
Don't get me wrong i still like his music but i kinda miss the days when he would do crzy beats all by himself, i also disagree about his production being better now it's more complex but i don't think it sounds better.
Also as a fan i could careless about his fashion line so i hope he focuses more on music in the future.

If you don't know why i'm questioning his involvment read this:
Bryan The Don said:
Yall don't get what he means.
I made a post about it a few days ago that ago.
For example, Ye did almost nothing on Heartless and Show Me A Good Time but still got credited as the main producer when No ID is the one who actually did all the work.
The truth is that i don't know anymore what Kanye does when it comes to production.

Read this:

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/12/no-id-tells-all-the-stories-behind-his-classic-records/
For example Ye did almost nothing on Heartless, read the whole things tho because he says a lot and it seems that he is involved in TONS of ye beats
http://www.complex.com/music/2011/12/no-id-tells-all-the-stories-behind-his-classic-records/kanye-west-coldest-winter

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/interview-no-id-talks-def-jam-kanye-west-how-he-affected-watch-the-throne/page/2
He also says that he didn't like what they were doing with WTT
http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/interview-no-id-talks-def-jam-kanye-west-how-he-affected-watch-the-throne/page/3

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bryan The Don said:
Maybe.
Honestly i'm still not feeling the Otis beat and that's the only one he did by himself recently, also Dion even questioned him as a producer so that must mean something.
Don't get me wrong i still like his music but i kinda miss the days when he would do crzy beats all by himself, i also disagree about his production being better now it's more complex but i don't think it sounds better.
Also as a fan i could careless about his fashion line so i hope he focuses more on music in the future.

If you don't know why i'm questioning his involvment read this:
is there a link to where No ID questioned Kanye's production

·
Registered
18,204 Posts
God CheckMate said:
is there a link to where No ID questioned Kanye's production
Yes but i don't have time to find it right since i gotta work just check the interview he did with complex.
Basically he was mad that Ye did no production aside just adding elements to already existing beat and forced him to make Otis.

·
Banned
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bryan The Don said:
Yes but i don't have time to find it right since i gotta work just check the interview he did with complex.
Basically he was mad that Ye did no production aside just adding elements to already existing beat and forced him to make Otis.
Damn, i didnt know that! No I.D. da gawd for that

1 - 20 of 79 Posts