Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't get it. This man use to be widely considered to be in that upper echelon of rappers AND producers. Not only were projects like KRIT Wuz Here, Return of 4eva, Live From the Underground, 4eva in a Day, and King Remembered In Time amazing projects lyrically, he produced every song on those beauties (except for one, s/o 9th Wonder). The last time we saw the old KRIT was on Mt.Olympus. :banderas: That was by far the best "Control" response, if you'd even call it that and unarguably one of the SOTY as well. That and Lac Lac had me so hyped for Cadillactica, I'm so confused as to what went wrong these last couple years. He went from making projects like these...

To making projects like these...

Now Cadillactica and It's Better This Way are decent projects in and of themselves, but when compared to the rest of his discography it's extremely disappointing. To be honest I didn't know what disappointment really was until I heard All My Life. I had that feeling as if someone just died. Listening to that project was so painful I genuinely couldn't believe it. Like now with the talks of Gucci being a clone I think to myself did something go wrong when they tried to clone Big KRIT :khaled:

Sadly it get's worse. Even all of his features these last couple years have been horrible (except for Forbidden Knowledge actually) and you know you're falling off when you do a collab with Fall Out Boy, no pun intended.

Is there any hope for Big KRIT? Are you even gonna check out his next project considering he went from making songs like...

To songs like...

:cryfam:

·
Banned
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
based jesus said:
lmao that all my life shit isnt real.
minwager said:
All my life was not a fucking official big krit project he had nothing to do with it
Wasn't it on iTunes though? And it sounds like BIG Krit, what do you mean he had nothing to do with it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
all my life was like shit that he canned back in the gap and someone just so happened to have it and release it cornball

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
i never really connected with big krit like that. he's not bad or anything and he has some good songs. but when i listen to a whole project its extremely boring.

·
Banned
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even with All My Life being an unofficial release Cadillactica and Its Better This Way were sadly still disappointing

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
His first 3 releases were classic shit.

its been diminishing returns since. i stopped messing with him completely maybe 2 years ago

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
h2o said:
Wasn't it on iTunes though? And it sounds like BIG Krit, what do you mean he had nothing to do with it?
i dont remember the exact situation but i think its just some really old songs that an engineer had and put together without krit knowing. i could be wrong but i know for sure Krit had nothing to do with it

·
Registered
61,527 Posts
h2o said:
Even with All My Life being an unofficial release Cadillactica and Its Better This Way were sadly still disappointing
Those projects were dope, what didnt you like about em. All My Life was just some old shit some label tried to cake off of

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
h2o said:
Its old 2008 shit RBC records had rights to somehow was able to wrap it up and call it an album. KRIT is on def jam and has never promoted it

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
All My Life isn't official and It's Better This Way is a dope tape. Only thing that was underwhelming was Cadillactica and it's probably because of label pressures

·
Banned
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AJ24 said:
Those projects were dope, what didnt you like about em. All My Life was just some old shit some label tried to cake off of
Cadillactica just had shitty production tbh, and iirc it wasn't all produced by him either, he allowed others to produce on his album for the first time. Like Soul Food and a couple others I don't remember anymore sounded nice lyrically but had weak production. This new tape It's Better This Way had like 4/5 songs I fuck with but as a whole still comes nowhere close to the worst project of his prime imo

·
Registered
30,002 Posts
If you was real you wouldn't even made this thread

He has no bad projects and cadillactica was great minus some obvious radio forced cuts

1 - 20 of 43 Posts