Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give up??  Now, I don't mean give up as in life, or in a certain aspect of it. What I mean is just give up everything for a little while, or however long you want it to be.  Everything your accustomed to, whatever it may be, just stop doing it and start over.  I don't care if its school, work, hobbies, family, anything. 

Do you ever get that feeling?
Like one day you just want to open up your front door, start walking, and see where you end up?  Try something completely new.  Anyone?

And if so, why do you think you feel that way? 

·
Banned
7,120 Posts
I have. Multiple occasions. Went so far as to even buy a bus ticket out of the state, but had too much keeping me here to go through with it.

Most people enjoy change. Without change, to some, things become quite repetitive and boring, so they seek out something fresh, new, and adventurous.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
No lie, last week I had this moment.. A compilation of shit has just brought me to a crossroads... instead of just stopping doing shit.. i just decided to do new shit.. become more involved in this site.. get involved in another.. and a few other things to make things more interesting.. although i would kill for a fresh start if it didnt mean losing those closest to me

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BubblegumWay said:
I have. Multiple occasions. Went so far as to even buy a bus ticket out of the state, but had too much keeping me here to go through with it.

Most people enjoy change. Without change, to some, things become quite repetitive and boring, so they seek out something fresh, new, and adventurous.
Yeah I definitely know what you mean.  Its not like im depressed or anything, or even is a sad state of mind, but sometimes I just feel like I wish I could completely stop what im doing, take some time to think and just go with a different flow. 

And with that said, its not that I hate my current condition either, but I can't say I love it at times either.  I don't know really. I most likely will never in my life just completely start over with things, but the thought of it really intrigues me.

joe said:
Yeah. Last week I proposed to my mom that I should take a semester off and "find myself."

She wasn't having it.
I definitely wouldn't mind doing that myself.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
I've always had the biggest urge to just drop everything, stuff my iPod in my pocket, and just walk.

Like, seriously, just walk.  No aim.  Just walk until I don't feel like walking. 

My downtime is my downtime.

And then, once I'm chilled out, I find my way back and start off a little bit fresher.

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coldplay Expert said:
I've always had the biggest urge to just drop everything, stuff my iPod in my pocket, and just walk.

Like, seriously, just walk.  No aim.  Just walk until I don't feel like walking. 

My downtime is my downtime.

And then, once I'm chilled out, I find my way back and start off a little bit fresher.
Yes yes yes, this is exactly what I mean.  Just take a walk and have nothing on my mind.  Free from everything.  Any kind of thoughts, emotions..anything..just let go

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
Yep, yesterday even. I think I was in a train. I just wanna do it to discover myself too and do some new stuff. Or just take a whole year off and do whatever I want.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think we all go through it and we all seek it follow it,but we all dont go to the limits as much as others,That's why some dont live as much as others.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I just moved from San Diego to Arizona.. When I tell people that out here, their response is "WTF, are you an idiot?" LOL.
I grew up in SD, had a great group of friends, great family, etc. But it just came to a point where I needed a change. Life was always the same at home. I needed new scenery, a chance to meet new people, all that shit. I cant say I am a completely new person after being out here 3 months, but I have definitely grown and feel that I am better for it so far..

One big goal of mine is to save up a little money, and just hop in my car and take off. Go to Austin, New Orleans, Nashville, up the east coast, Chicago, etc. Get on the road, listen to music and cruise.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
aamy said:
I do feel a little bit like this right now.  I don't feel motivated to be in school doing readings and essays again and again. It's frustrating not knowing what I'm going to do with this degree and I want it to be over with.
What degree? Good thing is that a lot of employers are happy to see that you have ANY degree. Just shows your commitment to bettering yourself. School can suck, but its worth it  :h5: geez that sounded so corny..

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aamy said:
I do feel a little bit like this right now.  I don't feel motivated to be in school doing readings and essays again and again. It's frustrating not knowing what I'm going to do with this degree and I want it to be over with.
Yeah Amy, school has really tested my emotions so far this semester. But I expected it to be that way with the schedule I gave myself. Just have to get through it.
Matt79d said:
I just moved from San Diego to Arizona.. When I tell people that out here, their response is "WTF, are you an idiot?" LOL.
I grew up in SD, had a great group of friends, great family, etc. But it just came to a point where I needed a change. Life was always the same at home. I needed new scenery, a chance to meet new people, all that shit. I cant say I am a completely new person after being out here 3 months, but I have definitely grown and feel that I am better for it so far..

One big goal of mine is to save up a little money, and just hop in my car and take off. Go to Austin, New Orleans, Nashville, up the east coast, Chicago, etc. Get on the road, listen to music and cruise.
Wow, thats a huge change.  I really dont think I could do that.  Not that I think its bad, I just dont think I could ever get up and move on like that.  I hope it continues to work out for you.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
8th Wonder said:
Wow, thats a huge change.  I really dont think I could do that.  Not that I think its bad, I just dont think I could ever get up and move on like that.  I hope it continues to work out for you.
Yeah, well im just finishing up school.. San Diego is still my home, but i figured why not try something new while im still in school, right? I mean once I graduate and get a "career" job, I wont have the same liberties.

English? Dang... Good luck lol. I have an essay due in 5 hours, thanks for reminding me  :facepalm:. I guess I better get started!

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
aamy said:
My major is English. And yeahh, I know it's something I have to do, it just gets old.  I'm tired of it already and it's been a month and a half.
I feel ya.  This is my major as well and I have a paper due literally every session.

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
joe said:
It's not too fun :). Lots of anxiety about future job prospects. My teacher basically broke down the money he makes, and it's like nothing, even if you make it. You basically have to teach to support your writing.

I'm a fiction major and non fiction minor though, so I do enjoy the variety. I love fiction, but non fiction is where the money is.
well, I actually enjoy writing, but it's not something I would want to base my career around. I'm an accounting major and minor in finance. It's a lot of work and this semester is killing me. I'm literally stressed almost everyday.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
joe said:
It's not too fun :). Lots of anxiety about future job prospects. My teacher basically broke down the money he makes, and it's like nothing, even if you make it. You basically have to teach to support your writing.

I'm a fiction major and non fiction minor though, so I do enjoy the variety. I love fiction, but non fiction is where the money is.
Ditto.  The only lucrative pay as a writer in the business at large that can be reasonably guaranteed is if I'm a technical writer, copy writer, or something of that nature.  Sort of a stifle on the creative bend, though.

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
joe said:
Your job prospects will always be stable though, so it's worth it in the end. I can't do anything remotely related to math, I got at 14 on the math ACT and a 36 on the reading/writing.

Also with writing, as with anything else in the arts, you wonder:Do I really need a degree to do this? Doesn't it just come down to talent?
yeah, that should just be a natural thing.

And yeah, math has always been my strong point

·
Registered
28,653 Posts
joe said:
As to why anyone feels this way, I think it's just the anxiety of realizing how many people you're tied to, and how multi-webbed many of your actions are. It's a sobering recognition of responsibility.

So, no matter where you went, you'd still have this same problem, unless you became a recluse/extreme anti-social.
OR KILL THEM ALL :wom:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts