Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
yeezus
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PRETTYFLACKOJR said:
Can you actually explain how its not very good?
the album is a reprise of covers of popular songs from artist, unlike nicki or noname she isn’t able to keep me interested in her lyrics (replay value) I don’t believe in giving her more praise because she’s a female mc, she’s a mc. If its ass its ass. most songs turn repetitive after the first verse n hook.

·
Registered
17,466 Posts
its fire
might be a album full of cover songs but its still fire
thats what made bodak yellow good in the first place

·
Registered
yeezus
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PushaToThe said:
Only listened to the snippets on the apple website and it sounds like trash
i decided to listen to it over the weeknd because I was interested in it. bad choice :,(

·
Registered
yeezus
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bradley said:
its fire
might be a album full of cover songs but its still fire
thats what made bodak yellow good in the first place
why not just play original version?

·
Registered
34,344 Posts
Jewop said:
the album is a reprise of covers of popular songs from artist, unlike nicki or noname she isn’t able to keep me interested in her lyrics (replay value) I don’t believe in giving her more praise because she’s a female mc, she’s a mc. If its ass its ass. most songs turn repetitive after the first verse n hook.
Reprise covers? Thats a lame excuse. Literally everyone does that these days. Migos are washed up but people will still defend Culture 2. Noname is cool but she has not got the appeal that Cardi does. You mention Nicki but she's been using the same washed up bars for years and people have noticed that.

She even raps better then most male artists who have released albums and people praise them.

All I am seeing is salty KTT keyboard warriors.

·
Registered
17,466 Posts
Jewop said:
why not just play original version?
i do obv.

Intro=Dreams and Nightmares. Bickenhead=Kendrick influence, Be Careful sounds like a drake song, any song with a feature sounds like its their song featuring cardi, the outro is a travis scott/starrah remake, etc etc

handful of songs this album will be fun for the summer and thats it. it aint like Cardi will be around come 2020

·
Registered
yeezus
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PRETTYFLACKOJR said:
Reprise covers? Thats a lame excuse. Literally everyone does that these days. Migos are washed up but people will still defend Culture 2. Noname is cool but she has not got the appeal that Cardi does. You mention Nicki but she's been using the same washed up bars for years and people have noticed that.

She even raps better then most male artists who have released albums and people praise them.

All I am seeing is salty KTT keyboard warriors.
i mean it’s pretty obvious the only reason she’s popular is because she appeared on vh1, was a stripper, and appeals to women who religiously use theshaderoom and wear fashion nova. its not really about cardi’s music, it’s about what she represents for alot of people

·
Registered
yeezus
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bradley said:
i do obv.

Intro=Dreams and Nightmares. Bickenhead=Kendrick influence, Be Careful sounds like a drake song, any song with a feature sounds like its their song featuring cardi, the outro is a travis scott/starrah remake, etc etc

handful of songs this album will be fun for the summer and thats it. it aint like Cardi will be around come 2020
i honestly hope she is around, her personality is refreshing and nice to see. i just think she should find her lane in making music in the long run

·
Registered
34,344 Posts
Jewop said:
i mean it’s pretty obvious the only reason she’s popular is because she appeared on vh1, was a stripper, and appeals to women who religiously use theshaderoom and wear fashion nova. its not really about cardi’s music, it’s about what she represents for alot of people
Bodak Yellow was song of 2017?? tf you on about.

Half these artists have gotten bigger over memes but y'all don't say nothing about it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts