Kanye to The banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
5,563 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
I hate doing these kind of things but Pope wanted more info. It's a new indie label trying to get it together. The owner is a multi-millionaire got a Bentley Continental GT parked outside and all that. My cousin knows his guy and he was interested in me. We got there last night, he pays for the cab to come get us. Some video chick pays that guy and we go upstairs. He got like 80k on him, black diamonds, pinky rings and all that. We get into his studio. He got Pro Tools running with the engineer, some club singer punching his hook in and they have everything going into a Neko. He was like what do you use? I'm like Pro Tools etc. It's poorly orchestrated in how they presented everything as going smooth. The song was pretty good tho, really club stuff autotuned vocals. I get my songs out and play some. He is digging it, then the engineer comes in like Welcome to the team haha. He wanted me to record his artists and produce every week. But I'm not signing a contract from him, if anything I'm making my own contract. He asked me if this is my catalog, 21 songs? I'm said no my best production and songs are on my computer. Then he wanted to hook up my ipad to his computer to hear it better. LOL trying to steal beats on the low like I didn't know. They had one of the Reasonable Doubt producers in there. I'm not signing anything, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing with my team
Trace with that "I make my own Destiny" SWAG!!!!!

· Registered
5,563 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
yess I rather have a more difficult time than to have the deal
true that. You have all the resources you need. And you are smart and you know this music shit in and out, so its much smarter for you to do your own thing. Let everyone keep coming to you and then you can sign what you want when you want.

· Registered
12,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
slimklp said:
true that. You have all the resources you need. And you are smart and you know this music shit in and out, so its much smarter for you to do your own thing. Let everyone keep coming to you and then you can sign what you want when you want.
exactly, I'm not signing anything. I'm not a slave to anyone. I have my own vision and what I need to do. I made my studio what it is so that I don't need to pay a studio for studio time. You have to become everything, I got my manager/promoter. I need to oversee the music, production, mixing, mastering, and the publishing.

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
exactly, I'm not signing anything. I'm not a slave to anyone. I have my own vision and what I need to do. I made my studio what it is so that I don't need to pay a studio for studio time. You have to become everything, I got my manager/promoter. I need to oversee the music, production, mixing, mastering, and the publishing.
is your mgr a friend or a seasoned pro? Im thinking of asking this pro to be my manager but i dont wanna seem naive. lol

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.