Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate doing these kind of things but Pope wanted more info. It's a new indie label trying to get it together. The owner is a multi-millionaire got a Bentley Continental GT parked outside and all that. My cousin knows his guy and he was interested in me. We got there last night, he pays for the cab to come get us. Some video chick pays that guy and we go upstairs. He got like 80k on him, black diamonds, pinky rings and all that. We get into his studio. He got Pro Tools running with the engineer, some club singer punching his hook in and they have everything going into a Neko. He was like what do you use? I'm like Pro Tools etc. It's poorly orchestrated in how they presented everything as going smooth. The song was pretty good tho, really club stuff autotuned vocals. I get my songs out and play some. He is digging it, then the engineer comes in like Welcome to the team haha. He wanted me to record his artists and produce every week. But I'm not signing a contract from him, if anything I'm making my own contract. He asked me if this is my catalog, 21 songs? I'm said no my best production and songs are on my computer. Then he wanted to hook up my ipad to his computer to hear it better. LOL trying to steal beats on the low like I didn't know. They had one of the Reasonable Doubt producers in there. I'm not signing anything, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing with my team

G

·
Ivy Crimson said:
I don't even know lol they have like different names for publishing, video, production. I wasn't even going to sign or anything from the beginning. I'll ask my cousin tho
Why wouldn't u sign with em?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
I hate doing these kind of things but Pope wanted more info. It's a new indie label trying to get it together. The owner is a multi-millionaire got a Bentley Continental GT parked outside and all that. My cousin knows his guy and he was interested in me. We got there last night, he pays for the cab to come get us. Some video chick pays that guy and we go upstairs. He got like 80k on him, black diamonds, pinky rings and all that. We get into his studio. He got Pro Tools running with the engineer, some club singer punching his hook in and they have everything going into a Neko. He was like what do you use? I'm like Pro Tools etc. It's poorly orchestrated in how they presented everything as going smooth. The song was pretty good tho, really club stuff autotuned vocals. I get my songs out and play some. He is digging it, then the engineer comes in like Welcome to the team haha. He wanted me to record his artists and produce every week. But I'm not signing a contract from him, if anything I'm making my own contract. He asked me if this is my catalog, 21 songs? I'm said no my best production and songs are on my computer. Then he wanted to hook up my ipad to his computer to hear it better. LOL trying to steal beats on the low like I didn't know. They had one of the Reasonable Doubt producers in there. I'm not signing anything, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing with my team
Well either way dude congratulations!

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Donnie Darko said:
Don't do it man. Wait until you get a proper deal presented to you by people who don't want to steal your tracks lol.
I didn't ... there is nothing they could do to get me, I have a better studio at my apartment minus the Neko. I don't need a damn Neko

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
I didn't ... there is nothing they could do to get me, I have a better studio at my apartment minus the Neko. I don't need a damn Neko
Exactly, you have a hand written recommendation letter from Michael Jackson's engineer. You could walk into any label with that letter and just wave it around and you will get an offer :D

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Donnie Darko said:
Exactly, you have a hand written recommendation letter from Michael Jackson's engineer. You could walk into any label with that letter and just wave it around and you will get an offer :D
haha well yeah. But I want to make it on my own as much as possible. He is on my team tho

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.