Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course the album's still gonna be awesome, but it would've been much better without all these hackers and leakers doing what they do best.

Here's some things that would be different:

-Power would not be extremely played out in our heads before the album even got close to dropping

-Kanye would probably have more verses on So Appalled (because AFTER the snippet was leaked was when he decided to put all those features on it). He even started writing a second verse and spit some of it at that Cudi concert last December but the leakers changed his plans.

-So Appalled and Monster would sound new to us since he probably wouldn't have come up with the idea of releasing them before the album came out had parts of them not already leaked.

-Lost In the World would sound brand new to everyone and it would have that WOW factor.

-Same goes for Devil In a New Dress. Granted, we know it has Ross on it now but still.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY, the fact that those God damned hackers leaked AOTL made Kanye decide to go back in the studio and add so many features on it. It's still a decent song, but it could've been the best song he ever made if it were never leaked. It was finished before those leaks came out (obviously since he said on his first ustream he was gonna make it the next single in 20 days), but then the hackers fucked him and he had to go back and change it, and now the second half of the song belongs in the toilet.

So there you have it. FUCK LEAKS.

·
Banned
13,824 Posts
You ruined it for yourself. You made the conscious decision to listen to the leaks, despite knowing that they were not only stolen and unfinished, but also that these hackers were profiting off of another persons hard work.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think the leaks are making the album better. Kinda putting kanye in a position where he wants to keep changing the material until it is perfect. But ehh, it's whatever. Album's still gonna be a classic

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
GettinOutOurDreams said:
You ruined it for yourself. You made the conscious decision to listen to the leaks, despite knowing that they were not only stolen and unfinished, but also that these hackers were profiting off of another persons hard work.
x2

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GettinOutOurDreams said:
My main gripe is not the fact that people are claiming the songs sound outplayed. For me, if a song is good enough, it will never have too many plays on my iPod. The main thing that annoys me is Kanye's decision to go back and add so many things to the tracks to the point where he made them worse than they were before, like AOTL and So Appalled. Whether or not people listened to those leaks, Kanye would've made the decision to go back and change stuff up, so ultimately my listening to the leaks is irrelevant to what I'm complaining about.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EL-RAFA said:
Hackers didnt leak diand. Kanye did
True, true. Hackers might have also played a role because I'm pretty sure Kanye's reason for coming up with the whole G.O.O.D. Fridays thing was to tide people over with new music so they would stop leaking shit. That's why he got so mad when it didn't work and hackers still leaked Lost In the World and All of the Lights. Honestly, putting out new music every week to stop people from leaking album tracks isn't a very smart idea, because people in this world just want more, more and MORE. For example, people always want more money, and Kanye's idea is equivalent to giving people a little money to stop them from craving more, which is obviously not going to work.

I think part of it is leakers' faults for not respecting Kanye, but some is also his fault. He kind of needs to realize in this age of the internet and technology, leaks are a part of the business. It happens with every rapper, and it's just something you have to deal with. Hearing an unfinished version of an amazing song is not by any means going to make people not want to hear the finished version. In fact, it will make them want it MORE, so going back in the studio and changing shit up and making the tracks worse is a horrible idea.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
GettinOutOurDreams said:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts