Registered
9,048 Posts
Guardian gave the 2 other headliners:
5/5 - Beyonce
4/5 - Eminem

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
"You could say The Weeknd’s been something of a trojan horse, a gateway drug, sneakily updating the notion of 90s cheeseball crooning by dressing it up as some cool, mysterious jigsaw puzzle for the 2010s."

Wtf with all that corny gibberish "journalism" :dead: 

These bloggers/journalists are seriously the cringest dickrides or haters... He practically says he is "edgeless" but at the same time that he killed the show and the public loved it.... WTF, so you saying it was a great show for the public but YOU didnt like it so now you gonna make an article about your wack ass opinion :snoopsmh:

It was a great show, better than 90% of the other performers...Fuck them

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Mikeyjojo said:
5/5 - Beyonce
4/5 - Eminem
Eminem? With this new pop trash album? Give me a fucking break... Revival was one of the worst albums ever released in the history of rap and I absolutely love Eminem, most of his albums are classics from start to finish.

·
Registered
57,887 Posts
Mikeyjojo said:
5/5 - Beyonce
4/5 - Eminem
tragic

·
Registered
57,887 Posts
darklex150 said:
"You could say The Weeknd’s been something of a trojan horse, a gateway drug, sneakily updating the notion of 90s cheeseball crooning by dressing it up as some cool, mysterious jigsaw puzzle for the 2010s."

Wtf with all that corny gibberish "journalism" :dead: 

These bloggers/journalists are seriously the cringest dickrides or haters... He practically says he is "edgeless" but at the same time that he killed the show and the public loved it.... WTF, so you saying it was a great show for the public but YOU didnt like it so now you gonna make an article about your wack ass opinion :snoopsmh:

It was a great show, better than 90% of the other performers...Fuck them
it sounds like a blog a stoned 16 year old would write

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
NobodyImportant said:
Eminem? With this new pop trash album? Give me a fucking break... Revival was one of the worst albums ever released in the history of rap and I absolutely love Eminem, most of his albums are classics from start to finish.
No, the review was for their coachella setlist, not album.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I need to sit down and count but I have seen Abel perform 15+ times now with Coachella Weekend One being the latest.

It was very polished and kinda predictable as a set minus the EP songs. I expected him to do some older songs too purely for the older fans as it was Coachella.

That said, the band steal the show every time. They continue to mad transitions and rework songs to make them sound pretty fresh in a live music setting. It was a great night because it was Coachella and that’s one of my “happy” places but I can understand to a degree why some people would rate it a 7/10 type performance.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
She really just said "6 year career" girl looks about 15 so of course she wouldn't know Trilogy. She can't understand why some people like that "emo R&B"

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
VegasLights said:
I need to sit down and count but I have seen Abel perform 15+ times now with Coachella Weekend One being the latest.

It was very polished and kinda predictable as a set minus the EP songs. I expected him to do some older songs too purely for the older fans as it was Coachella.

That said, the band steal the show every time. They continue to mad transitions and rework songs to make them sound pretty fresh in a live music setting. It was a great night because it was Coachella and that’s one of my “happy” places but I can understand to a degree why some people would rate it a 7/10 type performance.
Abel literally performed for like an hour & a half with no signs of fatigue in his voice. ****** can fuck off it was a 10/10 performance

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
finally got around to watching this his voice sounds so much better than it has in awhile! he really killed this shit and powered thru a long ass performance lot of respect to him

·
Premium Member
57,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
VegasLights said:
I’ve been to better from him, personally.
he did things that night that I haven’t heard him do. Hitting those notes effortlessly on call out my name and the amount of long notes he was holding. Man was flexing the whole night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts