Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I finished listening to MBDTF, the first thing that popped into my head was 5/5, the next thing was, Kanye has to be getting close to that "greatest of all time" chat. I know Kanye is probably in your top 3 favorite artists of all time, but outside of the kanye world we know the big names. Beatles, MJ, Elvis, Bob Dylan, Nas, etc. All those names are just up there in the "Greatest of all time chat", I honestly think if Yeezy puts just two more albums somewhat near the quality of MBDTF, CD, Grad or LR, he HAS to be thrown into that conversation. This album was ridiculous and in my opinion, he's gotta be placed in the topic of "greatest mc's" alongside Jay, Nas, Pac, Biggie & all those guys that people usually throw out there. In your opinion is 'Ye in the same boat as some of those names? Where should he be?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
35,353 Posts
kanye is already up there.

808s was revolutionary.
this is gonna be even more reovlutionary.


watch all the hiphop artists jump on the production bandwagon cos of kanye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheLostBoy said:
Ye has always been in my top 3.
Same here, I'm just wondering if people outside of yeezy fanbase will start to realize he should be in that conversation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
stop it. :facepalm:

how can u be the greatest of all-time when u been in the game for under a decade...sum artists/bands been there for over 30 yrs. Educate yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThreeOhFiive said:
stop it. :facepalm:

how can u be the greatest of all-time when u been in the game for under a decade...sum artists/bands been there for over 30 yrs. Educate yourself.
beatles did everything in 10 years >.>
just throwing it out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ThreeOhFiive said:
stopped reading...what is Nas doing there?????? :facepalm:
Every conversation of "greatest of all time" nas seems to pop in there, just threw his name in there, I know he's well respected as one of the greats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ThreeOhFiive said:
im not a beatles fan anyway...i think they the most overrated band in the world.
Eh, guess we couldn't be disagreeing more on this topic haha, i freakin' love the beatles.. and I hate Flo Rida.. lmfaoooo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Ye was top 10 for me prior to hearing this album... but nobody else in hip hop has put out consistently good albums with really no speed bumps... and you can tell that nobody puts their heart and soul into their music the way kanye does. even if you didn't like 808s, you can't deny that it was perfectly executed and emotional.  after hearing this album, kanye is for sure in top 5 discussion a far as musicians go, even if he's not a better rhymer or rapper than guys below him on the list, he more than makes up for it in his passion and production.

1.) Eminem
2.) Tupac
3.) Jay-Z
4.) Nas
5.) Kanye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
BigBrother said:
Eh, guess we couldn't be disagreeing more on this topic haha, i freakin' love the beatles.. and I hate Flo Rida.. lmfaoooo
haha yeah..well what it comes to Flo Rida he makes some feel good music for me but i wouldnt never ever count him as the greatest of alltime...and i would laugh to everybody who would pop up his name during this convo.

though, the topic shoulda been the greatest RAPPER of alltime and then we could discuss this. Im not enuff educated to tell u even top 5 musician of alltime.. But i appreciate the most James Brown, Bob Marley and Mike Jackson and what they done  to music.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
ngoogs said:
Ye was top 10 for me prior to hearing this album... but nobody else in hip hop has put out consistently good albums with really no speed bumps... and you can tell that nobody puts their heart and soul into their music the way kanye does. even if you didn't like 808s, you can't deny that it was perfectly executed and emotional.  after hearing this album, kanye is for sure in top 5 discussion a far as musicians go, even if he's not a better rhymer or rapper than guys below him on the list, he more than makes up for it in his passion and production.

1.) Eminem
2.) Tupac
3.) Jay-Z
4.) Nas
5.) Kanye
what did jay-z for the music industry

what did kanye?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,353 Posts
BigBrother said:
Same here, I'm just wondering if people outside of yeezy fanbase will start to realize he should be in that conversation.
To be honest people would think its a joke if you brought up Kanye being one of the best of all time. Not trying to burst your bubble but I think 90% of people who are educated in music and the history of it would think its a joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Liquid said:
what did jay-z for the music industry

what did kanye?
well kanye changed hip hop. he came along and then all of the sudden it wasn't about how gangster you were anymore. opened up the way for drake/nicki/bob/cole/etc.

and jay-z is (well, was) just a truly incredible MC.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top