Kanye to The banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
spejsi666 said:
why? cuz it came out earlier? both albums will be far better than the other nominees either ways
because MBDTF was the highest rated album by critics for the past couple of years...last year arcade fire won album of the year... they're metacritic score was 2nd behind mbdtf

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
spejsi666 said:
why? cuz it came out earlier? both albums will be far better than the other nominees either ways
No, not at all. Actually, that reasoning would work against MBDTF.. so I don't know where your getting at.  As time passes, so does our memory, not to mention other things are released..

Here's the thing. MBDTF is one of the highest critically acclaimed albums ever.. I mean, thats not an opinion, that just facts.  You can go look it up for yourself.. How many albums get such high Metacritic scores and how many albums have received a perfect 10/10 from Rolling Stones??? And when was the last time a perfect 10 was even handed out by them?  Its received some of the highest scores that any hip hop album has ever gotten.  Like I said, thats just the facts.

I really like WTT but its not seen in the same light by the people who choose these awards.. and MBDTF is more deserving anyway.

Obviously Ye upped his chances by having 2 albums that could qualify, but its still going to be tough for either of these albums to win with 21 still floating around in peoples ears.

I hope MBDTF wins because its deserving, but to be surprised if it didn't would be crazy.

·
Banned
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
danielaguilarr said:
It just really sucks that we know 21 is going to get Grammy Album of the Year..

..if I see the day that MBDTF gets it, I'll cry.
I was thinking the same thing...I think it's going to be between Ye, Jay, and Adele

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
spejsi666 said:
i bet you won't even have heard the other nominee's albums.

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
Nether has a chance imo because of those hatin ass muh fuggas.  If there were any justice in the world, MBDTF would win hands down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm putting money on somebody else winning Album of the Year

you gotta consider the people that actually vote for these awards.

The only hip hop winners in this category since the 90's were Lauryn Hill ('99) and Outkast ('04)

I'm just saying, be realistic about the odds of a hip hop album winning AOTY under these voting members.

·
Banned
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hov_Is_Eternal said:
I'm putting money on somebody else winning Album of the Year

you gotta consider the people that actually vote for these awards.

The only hip hop winners in this category since the 90's were Lauryn Hill ('99) and Outkast ('04)

I'm just saying, be realistic about the odds of a hip hop album winning AOTY under these voting members.
i really think they're gonna win or at least kanye...7 years is long enough lol

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Eighth said:
MBDTF has a much better chance.
this. I mean WTT was good. But I doubt it will even get nominated tbh. MBDTF will, and I think we'll finally get to see Kanye win!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts