Kanye to The banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...are on a different level. I am no longer worried about the album. These songs are on a different level from all of his stuff. They are artsy as hell, yes, but I think...this stuff is just unreal. It is that good. Kanye West isn't a hip-hop artist to me anymore. He just is. He just is Kanye West. I'll say it again, this album will be unreal. I mean this doesn't sound anything like his other stuff...combination of College Dropout and Graduation? I guess...but that stuff seems so distant from this. And lyrically, I don't think he has ever been better. Dark Fantasy in the movie is sick. Kanye did soul beats, then strings, then synth, then he went pop...and I've been thinking, where can he go next? He can go art...I understand the hip-hop lovers longing for old Kanye putting out stuff like CD and Graduation...but I am thrilled with this direction.

Maybe it is just because it is fresh material and I will say oh the old stuff is just as good later...but right now I think these songs are just...this is seriously 5 star material, 9.8+/10 on Pitchfork, Album of the Year. I mean this isn't hip-hop to me anymore. It is just top caliber music by one of the greatest artists of all time.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
lol @ everybody saying they aren't worried about the album anymore. Knew this would happen.... 0_0.

(p.s. no offense or anything. good post!)

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Asian said:
lol @ everybody saying they aren't worried about the album anymore. Knew this would happen.... 0_0.

Haha, thanks on the last part man but yeah I see where you are coming from. Everyone was all like oh shit this will not be great...but honestly, I feel bad for calling Kanye a genius before. He is unreal.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Timesitheus, I love your posts. I could not agree with you more on this.

Kanye never ceases to amaze me. Every album I think has gotten progressively better, all so diverse and brilliant.
I know Ye said this was The College Dropout mixed with Graduation, but I feel like you. I mean, I guess I see the similarity, but this is something entirely else.

This will be his magnum opus, the magnum opus of hip-hop.

At least until his next project...

And that prospect TRULY scares me...and should scare us all.

·
Registered
385 Posts
He's never let us down..ever. He continues to give us something bigger and better every chance he has... Everything he's giving us right now is so huge and on a different level than anything else. He always tops himself, how will he ever top this? Like you said, it's scary thinking about what extremes he'll go to next.. he's basically done all of them...... Just thinking.. these are some of the reasons I never gave up on him. The whole world turned their back on him and we held it down for him while he was gone, and it was so worth the wait.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Common said:
Timesitheus, I love your posts. I could not agree with you more on this.

Kanye never ceases to amaze me. Every album I think has gotten progressively better, all so diverse and brilliant.
I know Ye said this was The College Dropout mixed with Graduation, but I feel like you. I mean, I guess I see the similarity, but this is something entirely else.

This will be his magnum opus, the magnum opus of hip-hop.

At least until his next project...

And that prospect TRULY scares me...and should scare us all.
this.
especially that last bit.
its like...can it get better?
haha

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Asian said:

LOL Exactly!!! People need to keep the faith. How many times have I/lots of members said wait till you hear the songs. And also the doubt about the tracklist :facepalm:. I always said wait till we hear from Ye and he confirmed that there will me more songs and the existing ones are different!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts