Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know that MBDTF was originally slated to be a return to traditional hip hop. Do you think songs like Lord Lord Lord, The Joy and Don't Look Down were originally meant for this project?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Tbh no. I think stuff like Mama's BF and Popular were the type of things originally. But I doubt he made many songs for it before deciding on the MBDTF concept. I think most of the GOOD Fridays were throwaways from MBDTF or songs he made specifically for GOOD Fridays.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sincerely doubt he made any songs specifically for GOOD Fridays, apart from maybe that Runaway Love song and Good Friday itself.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
KennyWest said:
Tbh no. I think stuff like Mama's BF and Popular were the type of things originally. But I doubt he made many songs for it before deciding on the MBDTF concept. I think most of the GOOD Fridays were throwaways from MBDTF or songs he made specifically for GOOD Fridays.
fck.. i almost forgot about popular...
shiit
Kanye could make such an amazing album by releasing Mamas Boyfriend, Popular, Living so Italian and Living the movies Original version... and Shy City, Flashing Lights 2..

·
Registered
931 Posts
DhA said:
I sincerely doubt he made any songs specifically for GOOD Fridays, apart from maybe that Runaway Love song and Good Friday itself.
dont look down was clearly for good fridays.  and i think that looking for trouble was also.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Late_Registration said:
fck.. i almost forgot about popular...
shiit
Kanye could make such an amazing album by releasing Mamas Boyfriend, Popular, Living so Italian and Living the movies Original version... and Shy City, Flashing Lights 2..
Whether he does use any or all of them if he goes in the happy pop direction of flashing lights/popular/mamas bf I think it'll be another great album. Kanye hasn't let us down yet though so hopefully wherever he goes with it it'll be good.

·
Registered
41,943 Posts
RLKJets130 said:
dont look down was clearly for good fridays.  and i think that looking for trouble was also.
Apparently Looking For Trouble was originally going to be the first single for MBDTF

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think the songs that were meant for the album at first were, Chain Heavy & Take One 4 The Team.

Tracks like Don't Look Down, Christmas in Harlem, GOOD Friday, Runaway Love & POWER Remix seem like they were meant for GOOD Friday. All the other songs are questionable.

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Chain Heavy was supposed to be on MBDTF. He said it in that MTV interview about Runaway.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought Don't Look Down was made for the movie more than anything else. I'd guess the Power remix, CDDF, Looking for Trouble, Runaway Love remix and Good Friday were made for Good Friday

·
Registered
967 Posts
I think don't look Down and Christian Dior Denim Flow were slated for MBDTF but they cut them out to make the album shorter. Other than that I don't think so.
Dont look down and CDDF remastered and upped a bit with some strings and a little more Kanye production and then put into MBDTF? That 94/100 would be a 110/100.

·
Banned
20,397 Posts
DhA said:
CDDF was come up with imthe studio on the spot for the purpose of making a good Friday.

I think it was r Les who said that in an interview forever ago

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
KennyWest said:
Whether he does use any or all of them if he goes in the happy pop direction of flashing lights/popular/mamas bf I think it'll be another great album.
now you say it, it would be a happy pop direction.. but i can def see him doing that.. after all the kind of 'depressive' albums... (808, mbdtf and wtt starting to be more uplifting already..) if those songs are on it, it def could be 'the new graduation' although kanye never made an 'same' album... but anyway.. cant wait for it :D
so def this:
KennyWest said:
Kanye hasn't let us down yet though so hopefully wherever he goes with it it'll be good.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Late_Registration said:
now you say it, it would be a happy pop direction.. but i can def see him doing that.. after all the kind of 'depressive' albums... (808, mbdtf and wtt starting to be more uplifting already..) if those songs are on it, it def could be 'the new graduation' although kanye never made an 'same' album... but anyway.. cant wait for it :D
so def this:
Yeah i'd imagine it would be different to Graduation but have the same happy vibe. I'm unsure now though with all this talk about being hated as much as Hitler lol It's almost as if we could get 808s again, which I wouldn't mind as I thought it was amazing but i'd rather him be happy.

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
JawDropper said:
I think don't look Down and Christian Dior Denim Flow were slated for MBDTF but they cut them out to make the album shorter. Other than that I don't think so.
Dont look down and CDDF remastered and upped a bit with some strings and a little more Kanye production and then put into MBDTF? That 94/100 would be a 110/100.
the best songs of good fridays tbh

1 - 20 of 21 Posts