Kanye to The banner

"Gone" Appreciation Thread

7K views 69 replies 45 participants last post by  Eni 
#1 ·
that second half :whew:
the fact it's a fuckin freestyle :whew:
win a fuckin Oscar by the way I fuckin hid it :whew:
you turnin 23 so i'll fuck u if u need :whew:

In your mind, what was "The Ride" supposed to be?

There are two ways of making music for me. There's a calculated route-like, I know exactly what I'm going to do with this song. And then there's the free mind. That was one of the free-minded records. It was all subconscious. I'll make the music first and loop it, and then I'll go into the booth and start singing almost 45 minutes straight. And these are not words; this is gibberish. It's a songwriter language. There are lyrics on Thursday, I don't even know what the fuck I said. "Gone" was a complete freestyle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHKfscXS64

See less See more
#19 ·
Top 5 underrated song of all time. Regular Abel fans (not stans) don't appreciate it. Hate them ****** I swear.

#25 ·
why is this song so beautiful srs :cryfam:

literally just saying "whoa whoa whoa" from 3:39 but it's like a beautiful yet fucked up nursery rhyme :cryfam:

the tension builds and builds and builds and at 4:12 it all releases when he lands on that tonic note and ya boy gets so many goosebumps every time :cryfam:

timeless :allears:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.