Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glee has been getting a lot of heat lately. Mostly because of Lea Michele's and company racy GQ magazine pictures. Some deemed it too inappropriate and called it border line pedophilia for the actors, who portray 18 year old high schoolers (tho most of them are in there early to late 20s), to be taking photos half naked in erotic poses. But after today's episode one thing is for certain, Glee is not for kids. This was by far Glee's best episode in it's 2 year existence imo. It's most honest and powerful episode yet. There is some really good acting that goes on this show and I think that gets overshadowed by the music at time(although some of these guys like Lea are real talents)The scene with Kurt finally gaining the courage to confront the bully who has been teasing and physically harassing  him for his sexuality ever since the show began only to have the bully turn around and kiss him was SHOCKING! and uncomfortably real. I know this show catches a lot of flack on this site and I do understand it for the most part but what makes Glee such a great show is not the show tunes and classic covers. It's that Glee has got real heart. It's real, it's honest, it's funny, and it's uncomfortable. Basically high school in a nutshell. I applaud this episode.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've only seen the last three eps but yeah, this show is def not for kids. Got some really mature themes they deal with in between all the singing and dancing and I applaud them for pushing this sort of stuff in a prime-time show.

Also, that blonde cheerleader is freaking HOT.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
AnthoNYC said:
Bully being gay? How is that a shock. If you guys ever watched Sex Drive you would expect it.
Never saw that movie. Not saying I'm shocked that a bully would be gay or whatever. It was just out of no where what happened. One second about to bash his head in next kissing him. Just didn't see it coming.

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
Lea is hawt she was lookin fucjin sexxy on conan

btw conan needs to start huggin ppl

·
Registered
228 Posts
ecabney said:
last nights episode was MEH AS FUCK, only shit that saved it was  Kurt's storyline
agreed. they've got some solid, heart wrenching material to work with, but i understand they've got to balance it out to reach the widest of audiences.

it's interesting that a show about outcasts is produced to be accepted by all. i just hope the messages glee is sending can actually help teach a generation of kids and adults.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts