Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've listened to all of Man on the Moon ll a few times and I've come to my conclusion on it. Cudi just didn't get it done for me. It's a let down to be quite honest, it's just not that amazing of an album. It's okay, not bad, not good. For the most part, my complaint is that it's just too boring. Every song sounds the same. I appreciate Cudder getting the album out a year after Man on the Moon l and I appreciate the 17 tracks but it's just not that great of an album, I get that he was going for a darker feel than his debut but it just didn't work, it felt like he was trying to make an abstract album that would make people go "WOW! This is unique!" but it fell short. When the album was good, it was good but when it was bad it was boring. It's not like I HATED any song, but they're forgettable.

Fav. Songs
Scott Mescudi vs. The World, Mojo So Dope, Maniac, Mr. Rager.

Least Fav.
Marijuana (sorry but I thought that whole song sucked and the fact that he made it four minutes, twenty seconds was just stupid as hell, really gimmicky, cmon Cudi.

Overall 2.5 out of 5 stars. Still love ya Cudder, you'll come around. Again, just my opinion guys.

How would you rate Man on the Moon ll: The Legend of Mr. Rager?  :allears:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The second album was as good as the first. But the quality of the songs from first album surpassed the latter. Still, we had songs on Man On The Moon 2 that exceeded the best songs on the first album, as Mr. Rager, Trapped In My Mind and All Along. For me, the first album was only better than the second because it seems that this was done in a hurry. I think the second does not seem to be an album with a good structure, as was the first, well done structurally.

Fav. Songs
Scott Mescudi vs. The World, All Long, Trapped In My Mind, The End.

Least Fav.
REVOFEV. This song was not for this album.

- 8 out of 10.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
It's tough to compare the first album to the second but this album was just as good as the first, but definitely not better. This album definitely had more incredible songs than the first album did but it also had more mediocre songs than the first album had. The first album was a little bit more consistent. Anyways, the lyrics on this were a little bit dull, and the album was a little bit too dark, BUT I love Cudi's dark theme. Also, the production on the album was outstanding, especially on Marijuana.

Favorite Songs:
Scott Mescudi vs. The World, Marijuana, Mr. Rager, These Worries, GHOST!, Trapped In My Mind

Least Favorite Songs:
The End, The Mood, Wild'n Cuz I'm Young

Overall: 9/10

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would say it is better than MOTM 1 but not by allot , i like just about every song on MOTM 2 and the fact i thik it is better is great cos most second albums fail because you expect it 2 be up there with the first album and if it is not as good it just seems shit but 4 me its a great album                                                                                                                                  favorite songs: the end , scott mescudi vs the world , ashin kusher and all along ...... 9.5 / 10

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
MRbeefy said:
i would say it is better than MOTM 1 but not by allot , i like just about every song on MOTM 2 and the fact i thik it is better is great cos most second albums fail but 4 me its a great album                                                                                                                                  favorite songs: the end , scott mescudi vs the world , ashin kusher and all along ...... 9.5 / 10
lolwut

·
Premium Member
9,843 Posts
1. Scott Mescudi Vs. The World 10/10 to me this embodies perfectness, you hear the classic cudi noise at the beggining to remind you that this is the motm. The hook is amazing the beat the strings everyhtings perfect in this. Cee-lo and cudi=perfect, good pace to start at.

2.Refofev 7/10 meh sometimes i really like it and sometimes i hate it... the leak kinda ruined it and i ahd the lvie version that i listened to a bit before but yeah alright tune nothing amazing. The spin magazine that says sound's something that was high and coke would say to be meaninful kind of makes sense to me so its hard to take this serious i picture him doing coke and recording this lol.

3. Don't Play This Song 8.5/10 I like this song its pretty good nothing amazing lots of diff layers of sound. I like MJB/CuDi a lot and hope they do more collabs. Another song i could seem him being on coke and writing obv...

4. We Aitte 9/10- Awesome interlude, perfect prelude to marijuana. Nice and chill and cool to hear it build up.

5. Marjiuana 10/10 The beat the verse the melodies everything is perfect about this and perfect to smoke to. My favorite song to smoke to now the song is really catchy, cudi has a crazly flow in his verse but it works out perfect. I really like how he kept it to one verse then music like he said. It's awesome how you can hear him at the end holding the high "ooo" while he's saying its going to be ok its amazing and trippy as hell.

6. Mojo So Dope 9.0/10 One of my most listened to songs on my itunes but ive had it since the leak. I don't even know what he's saying that much but none the less i like the flow i love the hook i love the sample and the hook. Easy listening song. Another one i could see him writing while he was on coke but w.e.

7. Ashin Kusher- 7.5/10 Just doesnt amaze me that much as it does other people. Seems like an average song.

8. Erase Me 8/10 I like it a lot more for some reaosn its grown on me a bit but also the way its fitted in then album it fits in perfect.

9. Wild'n Cuz I'm Young 7.0/10  Alright song nothing amazing..

10 The Mood 8.5/10 Like the beat the samples creepy not the most amazing lyrics or anyhting though. Nice vibe song though.

11. Maniac 9.5/10 Awesome production i love how at first you hear the clashes and the sample distorted before it comes in clear makes you feel like your going into the song. The verses i like a lot though some that dont, cage sounds really good on this beat. The hooks awesome one of my favorties.

12. Mr.Rager 9.5/10 Really awesome song, pre much the anthem for this album. The beat gets you going.Cudi's voice is awesome even so he just repeats the same thing mainly it still sounds awesome and to hear his voice on diffrent levels. You hear some of the classic cudi noises in the back ground the end with the violins and those noises is perfect. Don't like the song as much as i did before i did when it leaked. Before it was my favrotie song for awhile. Also if you have good bass the noice before cudi starts singing again is awesome.

13. These Worries 9.5/10 The best of the two MJB songs. The chorus and bridges are amazing some of the bes ton the album. How you hear that nosie come in and out is trippy and awesome;. CuDi pretending to snort coke before each verse is fitting.. lol good emotional song. Viloins at the end again=love.

14. The End 7.5 raw rap song.. dont mind it but nothing special.

15. All Along 9.5/10 Awesome Ballad, idk why but i used to be a big panic at the disco fan and the tone and the beat reminds me of them. I really like it the words mean so much too... and cudi sining throughout a whole song again is awesome.

16. GHOST! 10/10 Off tone and awesome, cudi to me did this for a reason to really test the boundaries of tones and beats. The high pitched nosie reminds me of the time to pretend noise, i like it though once cudi gets going it gets going and upbeat and the words again mean so much. Another song where cudi sings the whole time and it sounds really good. The chorus and the end fit perfect with this song. Really like at the end "i hope the understand that i really understand that they dont understand"

17. Trapped In My Mind 10/10 Perfectly construced awesome production. Before i thought it was dumb he used that effect on his voice but it works it makes you chime into the song, i still wish the who who r you were a bit louder and longer but w.e. its still an awesome song and an awesome ending to an awesome album

Album as a whole 9/10

End of the day 9.5/10

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
To be honest, I think it would have been better than EoD if some songs weren't on here.  Ashin' Kusher, Erase Me, REVOFEV, and We Aite (I know it's an interlude, but the point stands.)  Even Scott Mescudi VS The World, although one of my favorite tracks off of it, didn't have the dark vibe that should have been on all of the songs.  I'm not sure if this was actually made for Mr. Rager or if it was originally on the collab album, but it would have been cool to have this kind of vibe on a different album.  The end result is an amazing album nonetheless, albeit without the complete satisfaction that End of Day gave me.  I'll admit it though, Man on the Moon lll is probably my most anticipated album of all time right now.  I can't wait to see how the trilogy ends.

Favorite songs:

These Worries, Scott Mescudi VS The World, Marijuana, Don't Play This Song, and The Mood.

Least Favorite:

REVOFEV, GHOST!, All Along, Erase Me.

Overall: 9/10

·
Registered
19 Posts
JETS. said:
bro your grammar is horrendous.  That is what.
k ye i get u now its cos when i type on this ( ps3 ) it doesn't clik letters sometimes so my words will have a letter missing or added on like how in my message it said "thik" and not " think " but does 1 word make my " grammar horrendous " ?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
MRbeefy said:
i would say it is better than MOTM 1 but not by allot , i like just about every song on MOTM 2 and the fact i thik it is better is great cos most second albums fail because you expect it 2 be up there with the first album and if it is not as good it just seems shit but 4 me its a great album                                                                                                                                  favorite songs: the end , scott mescudi vs the world , ashin kusher and all along ...... 9.5 / 10
come on dude, it's one big ass sentence and doesn't make sense.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.