Kanye to The banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
14,874 Posts
One thing is true OP, 2000s BMWs have a bitch of a transmission problem. Got into a lot of trouble for turning a paper late because of it (had to show my professor an invoice from an autoshop and everything). There's even a site for it:
http://www.noreverse.org/

As for gas, while you have to get premium, at least they are very fuel efficient, tbh. Three series, that is. My parents also have a 7-series and that is a gas guzzler.

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Idk if I'll get this specific one but I'm going to keep it as a consideration; BMWs go up for sale all the time around here, so I'll probably just put the money aside so even if it does fuck me over in mantainance I won't be paying off a loan.

And yes a part of me wants to stunt, I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

F

·
0 Posts
Stan Smith said:
Idk if I'll get this specific one but I'm going to keep it as a consideration; BMWs go up for sale all the time around here, so I'll probably just put the money aside so even if it does fuck me over in mantainance I won't be paying off a loan.

And yes a part of me wants to stunt, I'd be lying if I said otherwise.
You keep ignoring my VW suggestions but they're nice and alot more reasonable

F

·
0 Posts
Stan Smith said:
Wait what VW are you suggesting
Well i'm sort of in the same situation as you, getting my licence soon and parents are going to get me a car, they've set a price limit and i get to shop around for one I like.
Was looking a BMW and Mercedes early on but they cost a load to fix and service as well as using premium fuel.
Checked out VW Passats around the 2000 model and they are similar in looks the the BMW and have leather interior aswell.
Call up a mechanic or dealer around you and ask for a quote for the next service due to get an idea of costs

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
jtg said:
Well i'm sort of in the same situation as you, getting my licence soon and parents are going to get me a car, they've set a price limit and i get to shop around for one I like.
Was looking a BMW and Mercedes early on but they cost a load to fix and service as well as using premium fuel.
Checked out VW Passats around the 2000 model and they are similar in looks the the BMW and have leather interior aswell.
Call up a mechanic or dealer around you and ask for a quote for the next service due to get an idea of costs
Thanks. I found some in my area. It looks like a nice model, definitely affordable too.
:h5:

F

·
0 Posts
Stan Smith said:
Thanks. I found some in my area. It looks like a nice model, definitely affordable too.
:h5:
All good fam. I'm looking at them aswell but only the regular fuelled ones. They're really nice plus i've never seen anyone driving one so i'll be original  :yay:

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I got a 97 328i e36 and I fucking love it. Although the clutch went but I replaced it with an m3 clutch

How the fuck do 18 year old afford bmws and mercs in USA?!?? Do you guys not have insurance or something? Uk insurance companies won't even insure you if your under 21 and if they do it's like 10k

·
Registered
27,986 Posts
Get a vehicle history report on the car.

Banks WILL give you personal loans for used vehicles, who ever said they wouldn't is retarded. You do however have to have some kind of credit history, and most likely a co-signer. Without credit that's not going to happen.

I was thinking about getting a bmw like half a year ago but just decided against it as I don't really know how to work on them myself and neither do my friends and the cost of maintaining the car would be pretty expensive.

Those ci's do like really good though.

·
Registered
27,986 Posts
Kendrick Lamar said:
I got a 97 328i e36 and I fucking love it. Although the clutch went but I replaced it with an m3 clutch

How the fuck do 18 year old afford bmws and mercs in USA?!?? Do you guys not have insurance or something? Uk insurance companies won't even insure you if your under 21 and if they do it's like 10k
Sure insurance may go up, but most likely they are under a family plan so it's not even that much more expensive. (Most likely)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Stan Smith said:
I don't but I'm my bank wants you to have a steady job and a consign if you don't have much credit.

I'm really wondering how much they'll even give me. Is the full 5k too much?
i understand your reasoning man, but you should wait until you def have a extremely steady income.
think ab the following.
1. Maintenance
2. Accidents
3. Don't fuck up your credit at an early agee!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts