Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever done this? Someone nearby is selling a 2000 BMW 323ci coupe for $5000 and its exactly what I'm looking for.

I won't have the money together until Fall but I need a car ASAP. Not really sure how loans from the bank work.

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Masked Mamba said:
Maintinence for BMW's aren't cheap. A BMW for 5k is cheap tho.
True, I'm intending to put a lot of work into it. I just need something that'll run through my college years.

·
Premium Member
32,814 Posts
Stan Smith said:
True, I'm intending to put a lot of work into it. I just need something that'll run through my college years.
Do you have any credit? I haven't gotten a loan from a bank so I'm not sure exactly how it works. Pretty sure that's what they look at tho

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Masked Mamba said:
Do you have any credit? I haven't gotten a loan from a bank so I'm not sure exactly how it works. Pretty sure that's what they look at tho
I don't but I'm my bank wants you to have a steady job and a consign if you don't have much credit.

I'm really wondering how much they'll even give me. Is the full 5k too much?

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Honestly that sounds like a horrible idea to get a car, better off just paying monthly payments. And I have a similar car to that, 2002 330cli or some shit, and I'm dropping 900 tomorrow to fix the clutch.

Spythe said:
Had it for like a month now
Had it just over a year and 2 months, and I spent close to 2000 on fixing it. Tomorrow will be the most expensive trip

·
Premium Member
32,814 Posts
Spythe said:
Honestly that sounds like a horrible idea to get a car, better off just paying monthly payments. And I have a similar car to that, 2002 330cli or some shit, and I'm dropping 900 tomorrow to fix the clutch.

Had it just over a year and 2 months, and I spent close to 2000 on fixing it. Tomorrow will be the most expensive trip
I love driving BMW stick shifts :allears:

·
Premium Member
32,814 Posts
Stan Smith said:
I don't but I'm my bank wants you to have a steady job and a consign if you don't have much credit.

I'm really wondering how much they'll even give me. Is the full 5k too much?
Do you have a car now?

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Cars are the worst investment ever. Getting a loan to buy one is fucken ridiculous, but if that's where your priorities are then do it. I would suggest you buy something you can afford, a BMW is a luxury.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Masked Mamba said:
I love driving BMW stick shifts :allears:
Yeah I remember when I first drove it I was like GOD DAMN I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE, but it went downhill since then. Hopefully fixing the clutch will bring that feeling back.

·
Banned
17,963 Posts
Masked Mamba said:
Maintinence for BMW's aren't cheap. A BMW for 5k is cheap tho.
this, stop being an idiot though and getting a used car thats more than a decade old that will be expensive to service just to have BMW on the front. you can get a more efficient used car with probably half the miles and age for that price.

·
Banned
17,963 Posts
Doctor Burgundy said:
Cars are the worst investment ever. Getting a loan to buy one is fucken ridiculous, but if that's where your priorities are then do it. I would suggest you buy something you can afford, a BMW is a luxury.
who has the money to pay for a car up front? lol

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
amen said:
As a college student it's ridiculous. Later on in life, with a more stable job/career, a loan is okay

·
Premium Member
32,814 Posts
Spythe said:
Yeah I remember when I first drove it I was like GOD DAMN I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE, but it went downhill since then. Hopefully fixing the clutch will bring that feeling back.
Im not sure how old the smart clutch is on the BMW's but Ive driven a couple new ones where when youre stopped facing uphill, the car doesnt roll backward when you take your foot off the brake

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
amen said:
I'm a G, and I paid for my BMW up front
it was from my brother and I got it for an amazing price

Masked Mamba said:
Im not sure how old the smart clutch is on the BMW's but Ive driven a couple new ones where when youre stopped facing uphill, the car doesnt roll backward when you take your foot off the brake
Mine would roll back in a instant so they must of just added that recently, and its all good been driving a standard for a while so its not a big deal. My first car was a standard.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
They won't give you a 5k loan without a credit history, unless they are a retarded. If you're paying a number of bills through that account with a good amount of money going in and there's never any issues it'll help your case, but I highly doubt that'll be enough.

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the advice thus far. I'm on mobile so I cant quote everyone.

I have no issue paying up front. I'm good for 5k, I'm just being thirsty. Based on what's people ae saying I guess I'll skip the loan and just put the money together.

I don't see how a BMW is such a luxury for 5k, it's cheap even though I'm paying for the name.

Here's the listing: http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/2883311189.html

I'll keep looking since you guys insist that BMW costs a lot to maintain.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts