Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
23,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So newly upgraded macbook air has been released yesterday. And I'm in need of a new laptop. Currently using Dell Studio 1555. Used for about 3 years now . Still runs very smooth.
However I want something small since im going to a new college and ill have to travel. So something light is needed.
Opinions needed. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Hova said:
We don't buy MacBooks for the specs. There's much more to a computer than specs.
I agree, people seem to think that specs are gonna make your computer better, but they running windows :hah:

·
Banned
23,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok So Mac it is, But which MBA should I get. the new 2011 or 2010.
Again I'll be using this laptop for traveling to my new college and doing plenty of excel, word and pp.
So 2010 or 2011

·
Banned
23,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also how good is the battery life, would I need to bring the cable charger all the time when going to starbuck or library?

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
RunawayFromMe said:
Ok So Mac it is, But which MBA should I get. the new 2011 or 2010.
Again I'll be using this laptop for traveling to my new college and doing plenty of excel, word and pp.
So 2010 or 2011
ma dude do NOT go in a apple section asking what laptop to buy

dell xps is pretty much the best laptop you can buy for the money. macbook air is complete trash they put style over everything that is important

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Mozeley said:
ma dude do NOT go in a apple section asking what laptop to buy

dell xps is pretty much the best laptop you can buy for the money. macbook air is complete trash they put style over everything that is important
Just curious have you ever used a mac every day for more than 6 months? Until then you cant really comment on macs. I dont feel like arguing because me and you have been through this before. I feel that the op will be much happier with his mac in a year from now then he would with his dell.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts