·
Banned
15,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Dont care what yall say!
but GW is an honest man!
this interview is crazy!
i respect him alot!

i wish it wasn't soo Popular to dislike the president!

i like Oboma Aswell!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I think he is cool cuz he smoked a joint with Harold & Kumar one time

·
Registered
753 Posts
Obamas a liar, besides the healthcare bill he has done nothing remarkable. Only got elected because he was a celebrity. George W. Bush was given a shitty hand and many bad things happened during his presidency. He did what he knew was right, whether the public hated him for it or not. He had to make harder decisions that almost every other president. He manned up and didn't dance around issues, he did what was necessary unlike Obama.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Naw, man, George Bush is a war criminal piece of shit and shouldn't be regarded as a member of the human race.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
I never hated George Bush, but I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't laugh when 'Ye down-talked him on TV.  :D

Even so, I don't hate him.  And I don't hate Obama, either.

:kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Derek said:
Obamas a liar, besides the healthcare bill he has done nothing remarkable. Only got elected because he was a celebrity. George W. Bush was given a shitty hand and many bad things happened during his presidency. He did what he knew was right, whether the public hated him for it or not. He had to make harder decisions that almost every other president. He manned up and didn't dance around issues, he did what was necessary unlike Obama.
:bye:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I dont hate Bush, but I do dislike him. I think he could have handled certain situations differently, but oh well, what is done is done. But I will still say, he left the country in shambles.. No matter who was elected (Obama or the old dude) would have their hands full.

·
Banned
15,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joe said:
George Bush was the second worst President in U.S History.
Not even close!

im not being mean...just dont be soo Ignorant... your showing your youth!

There have been ALOT and i mean ALOT WORSE presidents...

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
joe said:
You can make a legitimate case that he is at least in the top 5 worst presidents.

He may be behind Andrew Johnson, Millard Filmore,and Pierce.............but that is about it.
wasn't hoover a bad president?

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
http://blogs.reuters.com/james-pethokoukis/2010/10/28/shock-poll-americans-think-bush-doing-a-better-job-than-obama-and-more/

·
Banned
15,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
joe said:
You can make a legitimate case that he is at least in the top 5 worst presidents.

He may be behind Andrew Johnson, Millard Filmore,and Pierce.............but that is about it.
Theres no way!???!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
do you know how much he did in his first Term..?

And you also gotta think in his presidency he had to of the worst thing his generation has ever scene (9/11, Katrina)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
joe said:
he didn't do enough to oppose efforts by southern states to secede from the Union, which led to the Civil War.

The Constitution gives him executive power. It's the power to get things done, not to sit there

uchanan's administration was plagued by a number of problems. For one thing, many of the actions of his presidency helped precipitate the Civil War. (Interestingly, he's the first and only president from Pennsylvania. Despite being a Northerner, he had active Southern sympathies, and believed that the Federal government was constitutionally incapable of precluding new states from being classified as "slave states.") A few items during his presidency actively contributed to the Civil War:

1- Bleeding Kansas: Buchanan fully endorsed the entry of Kansas as a slave state by backing the LeCompton Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecompton_Constitution). He offered cash and patronage in exchange for Congressional approval of Kansas' entry as a slave state. Buchanan's position badly divided the Democratic party and set the stage for a North/South struggle over States' Rights
2- Personal views on slavery: Buchanan strongly supported the rights of states to hold slaves, and also supported slavery advocates who wanted to expand slave trade to Cuba. In his 1860 State of the Union address, he also stated that "the slaves were treated with kindness and humanity.... Both the philanthropy and the self-interest of the master have combined to produce this humane result." Buchanan's status as a "doughface" (a Northerner with Southern principles -- the phrase of the era) greatly accelerated sectional difficulties.
3- Financial Panic: Buchanan had his own economic troubles. The government faced a significant shortfall of revenue due to the Democrats' push to lower the tariff. Buchanan's Treasury Secretary ordered the issuance of deficit financing for the government -- causing a financial panic and claims of the Buchanan administration's financial irresponsibility (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_of_1857)
4- Utah War: Remember David Koresh and Waco? Think of that type of episode, raised to an exponent of 100. Buchanan received false reports of a planned Mormon revolt led by Brigham Young, and sent the Army to replace Young with a non-Mormon governor. Layer on top of that anti-Mormon speech coming from DC. Poor planning, the Army's inadequate supplies, and the failure of the President to verify the reports of rebellion and warning the territorial government of his intentions led to widespread condemnation of Buchanan from Congress and the press, who labeled the war "Buchanan's Blunder". When Young agreed to be replaced by Cumming and to allow the Army to enter the Utah Territory and establish a base, Buchanan attempted to save face by issuing proclamations detailing his merciful pardoning of the "rebels".
5- Disintegration of the Union: In Buchanan's Message to Congress (December 3, 1860), he denied the legal right of states to secede but held that the Federal Government legally could not prevent them. He hoped for compromise, but secessionist leaders did not want it. He then watched silently as South Carolina seceded on December 20, followed by six cotton states. Before Buchanan left office on March 4, all arsenals and forts in the seceded states were lost (except Fort Sumter)

Buchanan's failure to deal with the secession issue is the reason that most historians rate his performance so poorly....this failure led directly to the Civil War, and it's also why most people think he rates lower than Bush - especially since Buchanan had only 4 years and accomplished this much (bad), while Bush had 8.

Andrew Johnson may be the second worst. The second worst mistake came just after the Civil War when Andrew Johnson was dealt the task of restoring relations between Southern state governments and the Union. He sided with Southern whites and opposed efforts to improve justice for Southern blacks beyond abolishing slavery.

Establishing peace after the Civil War on terms that would re-establish loyalty among white Southerners while establishing equality of rights for African-Americans was the most crucial policy problem the U.S. ever faced.We continue to pay for Johnson's errors.
One things for sure, Buchanan was the WORST president in our country's history.

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
joe said:
He didn't do enough to oppose efforts by southern states to secede from the Union, which led to the Civil War.

The Constitution gives him executive power. It's the power to get things done, not to sit there.

Buchanan's administration was plagued by a number of problems. For one thing, many of the actions of his presidency helped precipitate the Civil War. (Interestingly, he's the first and only president from Pennsylvania. Despite being a Northerner, he had active Southern sympathies, and believed that the Federal government was constitutionally incapable of precluding new states from being classified as "slave states.") A few items during his presidency actively contributed to the Civil War:

1- Bleeding Kansas: Buchanan fully endorsed the entry of Kansas as a slave state by backing the LeCompton Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecompton_Constitution). He offered cash and patronage in exchange for Congressional approval of Kansas' entry as a slave state. Buchanan's position badly divided the Democratic party and set the stage for a North/South struggle over States' Rights
2- Personal views on slavery: Buchanan strongly supported the rights of states to hold slaves, and also supported slavery advocates who wanted to expand slave trade to Cuba. In his 1860 State of the Union address, he also stated that "the slaves were treated with kindness and humanity.... Both the philanthropy and the self-interest of the master have combined to produce this humane result." Buchanan's status as a "doughface" (a Northerner with Southern principles -- the phrase of the era) greatly accelerated sectional difficulties.
3- Financial Panic: Buchanan had his own economic troubles. The government faced a significant shortfall of revenue due to the Democrats' push to lower the tariff. Buchanan's Treasury Secretary ordered the issuance of deficit financing for the government -- causing a financial panic and claims of the Buchanan administration's financial irresponsibility (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_of_1857)
4- Utah War: Remember David Koresh and Waco? Think of that type of episode, raised to an exponent of 100. Buchanan received false reports of a planned Mormon revolt led by Brigham Young, and sent the Army to replace Young with a non-Mormon governor. Layer on top of that anti-Mormon speech coming from DC. Poor planning, the Army's inadequate supplies, and the failure of the President to verify the reports of rebellion and warning the territorial government of his intentions led to widespread condemnation of Buchanan from Congress and the press, who labeled the war "Buchanan's Blunder". When Young agreed to be replaced by Cumming and to allow the Army to enter the Utah Territory and establish a base, Buchanan attempted to save face by issuing proclamations detailing his merciful pardoning of the "rebels".
5- Disintegration of the Union: In Buchanan's Message to Congress (December 3, 1860), he denied the legal right of states to secede but held that the Federal Government legally could not prevent them. He hoped for compromise, but secessionist leaders did not want it. He then watched silently as South Carolina seceded on December 20, followed by six cotton states. Before Buchanan left office on March 4, all arsenals and forts in the seceded states were lost (except Fort Sumter)

Buchanan's failure to deal with the secession issue is the reason that most historians rate his performance so poorly....this failure led directly to the Civil War, and it's also why most people think he rates lower than Bush - especially since Buchanan had only 4 years and accomplished this much (bad), while Bush had 8.

Andrew Johnson may be the second worst. The second worst mistake came just after the Civil War when Andrew Johnson was dealt the task of restoring relations between Southern state governments and the Union. He sided with Southern whites and opposed efforts to improve justice for Southern blacks beyond abolishing slavery.

Establishing peace after the Civil War on terms that would re-establish loyalty among white Southerners while establishing equality of rights for African-Americans was the most crucial policy problem the U.S. ever faced.We continue to pay for Johnson's errors.
thanks for the history lesson. if only my school taught this kinda stuff :work:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.