Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
47,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think things like this are discriminatory.

Gays want to be treated equally; but where's the 'Straight Pride Parade?' They'll never be taken seriously in my eyes if they keep doing things like this to try and express their sexuality in my face. If you're gay, be gay.

BET - I'm not American so I don't watch this channel, but as a white person I find it offensive. Now I know I'm gonna get a ton of "you don't understand" responses but why would a Black person complain about being singled out whenever there is a television channel which clearly singles out black people.

Straight people - Do gay pride parades not annoy you?

White people - Is it offensive to have channels like BET and not WET?

Not hating or anything, just interested.

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
The Batman said:

Gays want to be treated equally; but where's the 'Straight Pride Parade?' They'll never be taken seriously in my eyes if they keep doing things like this to try and express their sexuality in my face. If you're gay, be gay.

BET - I'm not American so I don't watch this channel, but as a white person I find it offensive. Now I know I'm gonna get a ton of "you don't understand" responses but why would a Black person complain about being singled out whenever there is a television channel which clearly singles out black people.

Straight people - Do gay pride parades not annoy you?

Not hating or anything, just interested.
Gays arent treated equally so they made the gay parades in order to feel equal.
It shouldnt be offensive to white people with BET because MTV is to opposite of BET.BET=90% Black music 10% white music.Mtv=90% white music 10% black music

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Last time I checked gay pride parades aren't to chuck anyones sexuality in your face, it's to feel open, and feel like they're accepted. Why would gay pride parades annoy you? If you're not gay don't attend, and pay it no mind. It's that simple.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You can't let the actions of others affect you. You're offended by BET? As I've always said, people who get offended only have their self to blame.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
If you get offended by a Gay pride parade or BET, you clearly have issue. Maybe you just a in the closet racist. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be offended by BET that is white. I guess you never watch major TV stations and all you see is white white white white white white. Imagine trying to raise a young black kid and all they saw on TV was white actors but since your white I guess you will never experience that.

You wonder why black children pick white dolls as being the good dolls and black dolls as being the bad ones. Cause the only time they see a black person on television he is doing something bad or is in trouble.

Are you also offended by all the Spanish speaking channels? Black history month? Pretty much anything that is focused on white people offend you?

Find it funny its always BET which is one of the worse networks on cable that gets picked out when people want to get offended by something.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
Do you not understand why people develop that type of pride or why a BET would arise? It's because of the oppression and/or discrimination they face/d. Why would someone develop pride for being straight? There is no need to because straight individuals aren't (and were never) oppressed or discriminated against. Why would there be a WET when most channels on television cater to what most white people watch and dominate in acting positions? There was a void in TV that didn't cater to "black culture" and BET brought that. (You can argue about the word "Black"...but who gives a fuck)

Women
People of Color
Handicap
Etc.

They all have something in common that creates unity and the concept of being proud of who they are when society says you aren't equal. That commonality is oppression and/or discrimination.

J

·
0 Posts
The Batman said:

98% of media is white entertainment television lol. White hosts, stars, Actors. TV producers die to have a token in each show. As for gays i dont really care

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
MasterChefChop said:
98% of media is white entertainment television lol. White hosts, stars, Actors. TV producers die to have a token in each show. As for gays i dont really care
The sad thing is gays are more accepted in television over African Americans now. Their are a lot more gays than African Americans on major networks. Shit some of the most successful shows are focused on gay people

·
Registered
25,751 Posts
Most minority groups that are oppressed by society and overcome the obstacles take PRIDE in being who they are. I don't seem no harm in that unless that pride transforms into arrogance and they think they're better than ever other group and start committing hate crimes such as the Klu Klux Klan.

I think everyone and every group have the right to celebrate who they are but I also think they need to do it humbly and privately imo

J

·
0 Posts
Spythe said:
The sad thing is gays are more accepted in television over African Americans now. Their are a lot more gays than African Americans on major networks. Shit some of the most successful shows are focused on gay people
lol thats so true but thats white gays, black gays, probably have the worst time

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Spythe said:
Like what? A gay couple kissing causes an uproar on network television, which is sad this day in age.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
ahjjones said:
Like what? A gay couple kissing causes an uproar on network television, which is sad this day in age.
That was an award show and forced on people, there are countless TV shows were at least 1 of the main characters is gay. Will & Grace was a very successful TV show about a women and a gay that are roommates. I think oxygen or network like it has a show called 1 girl 5 gays(I never watched it just see the name on the TV guide)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Spythe said:
That was an award show and forced on people, there are countless TV shows were at least 1 of the main characters is gay. Will & Grace was a very successful TV show about a women and a gay that are roommates. I think oxygen or network like it has a show called 1 girl 5 gays(I never watched it just see the name on the TV guide)
No, this incident was on a network TV show. I'm not talking about the Adam Lambert situation.

That's two shows out of the countless African American family shows that are on, right? Yeah. Also, forced on? How many people are forced into watching heterosexual interactions on TV? Or is that different because it's not the minority, it's "normal"?

V

·
0 Posts
ahjjones said:
Last time I checked gay pride parades aren't to chuck anyones sexuality in your face, it's to feel open, and feel like they're accepted. Why would gay pride parades annoy you? If you're not gay don't attend, and pay it no mind. It's that simple.
This.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
ahjjones said:
No, this incident was on a network TV show. I'm not talking about the Adam Lambert situation.

That's two shows out of the countless African American family shows that are on, right? Yeah. Also, forced on? How many people are forced into watching heterosexual interactions on TV? Or is that different because it's not the minority, it's "normal"?
On BET you mean? I talking about major networks like CBS, NBC, FOX, not cable networks. And also not sure why your getting upset by the term "forced" that you took completely took out of content. People tune into shows they want to watch. When your watching an award show and that comes out during a performance I consider that forced on the audience. The whole Janet and Timberlake thing, upset a lot of people because that was FORCED on them just trying to watch a halftime show and nothing was gay about that.

And there are many more successful shows that have gay couples on them those are just 2 I remember off the top of my head. Modern Family is one, that focuses on 3 different couples 2 men/women and 1 men/men

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
couldnt care less about them
I have nothing against homosexual people
I just dont give a fuck about the parades and whatnot

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Spythe said:
On BET you mean? I talking about major networks like CBS, NBC, FOX, not cable networks. And also not sure why your getting upset by the term "forced" that you took completely took out of content. People tune into shows they want to watch. When your watching an award show and that comes out during a performance I consider that forced on the audience. The whole Janet and Timberlake thing, upset a lot of people because that was FORCED on them just trying to watch a halftime show and nothing was gay about that.

And there are many more successful shows that have gay couples on them those are just 2 I remember off the top of my head. Modern Family is one, that focuses on 3 different couples 2 men/women and 1 men/men
Eh, you're acting like there's an abundance of gay characters and zero African-Americans on television, which is not true. They're both still underrepresented minorities, along with many others. It's not "sad" that there are more gay characters on television nowadays...

There are many successful shows that include black characters.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Lavender Blonde said:
Eh, you're acting like there's an abundance of gay characters and zero African-Americans on television, which is not true. They're both still underrepresented minorities, along with many others. It's not "sad" that there are more gay characters on television nowadays...

There are many successful shows that include black characters.
I agree that minorities are very underrepresented but I still consider sad that are more openly gay characters than non token black characters on non-cable networks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts