Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
43,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Samsung Galaxy S III rumour mill refuses to slow down by serving up an allegedly official press shot and list of specifications, courtesy of Dutch site GSM Helpdesk.

The leaked photo promisingly matches up with a near-identical two-tone picture which was outed two days ago, though it does little to confirm rumours of a HTC One S-like micro arc oxidation ceramic back.

The latest leaked specs for the Samsung Galaxy S III list a 12MP camera with LED flash, a 4.7in Super AMOLED Plus HD display, a 1.5Ghz Exynos quad-core processor, and a 1750mAh battery.

The RAM has dropped from the previously rumoured 2GB to 1GB, and it's unclear whether or not the 32GB of storage memory can be expanded with a memory card. All of this tech will reportedly be squeezed into an impressively thin 8mm body, weighing in at 125g.

GSM Helpdesk's anonymous source has confirmed the previously speculated May 22nd launch date, and although there's no mention of the fancy wireless charging that we recently thought might make an appearance, it's safe to say that Samsung will definitely be raising the bar in the Android smartphone arena if these rumours prove true.

http://www.crn.com.au/News/294553,samsung-galaxy-s-iii-specs-leaked.aspx

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
hova said:
really tho, im serious, what do you like about android?
Customization.

I have an iPod Touch, and I find jailbreaking and downloading stuff from Cydia a huge hassle. Especially since Apple doesn't condone it.

Android has widgets, different launchers, and hacks right on their own market. Rooting isn't even needed unless you want a couple extra features that isn't really necessary to an average user.

I'll admit, Apple makes beautiful devices. Android has nothing on it's retina display. But I'd rather have more customization than the same old stuff every time.

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
hova said:
really tho, im serious, what do you like about android?
iPhone really only has 2 things over android: retina display and apps. Everything else IMO is better on android, and super amoled plus is almost as good as retina

·
Banned
4,989 Posts
DrMonkey said:
Customization.

I have an iPod Touch, and I find jailbreaking and downloading stuff from Cydia a huge hassle. Especially since Apple doesn't condone it.

Android has widgets, different launchers, and hacks right on their own market. Rooting isn't even needed unless you want a couple extra features that isn't really necessary to an average user.

I'll admit, Apple makes beautiful devices. Android has nothing on it's retina display. But I'd rather have more customization than the same old stuff every time.
But it's just a phone. A tool to get stuff down. Custimizing gets old after a while.  When I'm out I need my phone to work, it's needs to be fast and efficient.

Android is just not comparing when you stack up the stuff that's most important to a mobile device.

·
Banned
4,989 Posts
JCM99 said:
iPhone really only has 2 things over android: retina display and apps. Everything else IMO is better on android, and super amoled plus is almost as good as retina
iOS is more stable
Easier to use
iMessage
Huge third party market
Great battery life

Besides maps what does android have

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
hova said:
But it's just a phone. A tool to get stuff down. Custimizing gets old after a while.  When I'm out I need my phone to work, it's needs to be fast and efficient.

Android is just not comparing when you stack up the stuff that's most important to a mobile device.
Customization can be good to make things easier. That's how I customize my phone. To make thing easier. I got widgets to certain apps right on my lockscreen. I have widgets where I can turn things off right from my homescreen to save battery. It just makes things faster and easier. :dno:

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
hova said:
iOS is more stable
Easier to use
iMessage
Huge third party market
Great battery life

Besides maps what does android have
Android is just as stable. And iMessage really isn't a big deal. Who really uses that to the full advantage? You're messaging someone with an iPad or iPod when they're in a wifi zone, who mostl likely has a phone as well you could reach. And I've seen people complain about android battery, get an iPhone, and still complain about the battery. My evo 3d is running a custom rom and I get great battery life on it. Even when I got it out the box it was great.

I do agree 3rd party is better.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.