Kanye to The banner

Gained a lot of respect for Jigga after listening to this

903 views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  relhm 
#1 ·
Never got into his old stuff too much or "The Blueprint 3" either besides the hits but DAMN his second verse on "Gotta Have It," then tearing it up at the end of "Who Gon Stop Me," and going HARD on "Why I Love You." Plus his opening for the album was epic and lyrically very fitting.

#10 ·
Your honesty is refreshing. 

Far too many hardcore stans --yes, I know it's a Kanye site-- are reluctant to admit Jay's talents, easily denouncing him with baseless and unwarranted critiques fueled by nothing more than hate.  E.g. 'he has no flow', 'he doesn't rap about anything'....yes, those are outlandish statements.  Almost as ridiculous as me saying something like, 'Kanye doesn't know how to produce'.  I mean, really? 

Jay haters on here are comparable to Taylor Swift fans'  and their odious outlook towards Ye.  in fact, the latter are probably more justified in their dislike...at least Ye did something to genuinely piss off the masses.  The fuck did Jay do to the stans to deserve some of the ridiculous, hateful posts lately?  Prove that he still has the ability to body your favourite rapper at the age of 76 (hyperbole, clearly)???

I guess I went on a rant, even though I didn't intend to. 

#17 ·
LatinoLoco said:

Far too many hardcore stans --yes, I know it's a Kanye site-- are reluctant to admit Jay's talents, easily denouncing him with baseless and unwarranted critiques fueled by nothing more than hate.  E.g. 'he has no flow', 'he doesn't rap about anything'....yes, those are outlandish statements.  Almost as ridiculous as me saying something like, 'Kanye doesn't know how to produce'.  I mean, really? 

Jay haters on here are comparable to Taylor Swift fans'  and their odious outlook towards Ye.  in fact, the latter are probably more justified in their dislike...at least Ye did something to genuinely piss off the masses.  The fuck did Jay do to the stans to deserve some of the ridiculous, hateful posts lately?  Prove that he still has the ability to body your favourite rapper at the age of 76 (hyperbole, clearly)???

because most people got on here got into hiphop in 2004 and haven't even heard hov's catalog.

#21 ·
LatinoLoco said:

Nah, I agree with a lot of that. For me though, I still prefer Kanye's music just because I see him as more of an artist, which MBDTF really helped establish. Comparing their last two albums - MBDTF & The Blueprint 3 - I don't think there's really any competition for which one triumphs as an artistic vision. But I really felt Jay went hard on this album. He often sounded tough, confident, and his flow was very impressive. I'm really just more into that progressive hip-hop sound, which is why I prefer WTT, MBDTF, and 808 over the classic albums that emphasized beats and sampling over experimentation and a "larger" sound so-to-speak.

#22 ·
LatinoLoco said:

GOAT reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.