21. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Year: 2007
Highlight: Blindsided

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mamba said:
:datass: i love every one of these so far (cept The Avalanches....ive never listened to it)
strongly recommend it. it's fairly similar to Donuts as it is also made entirely out of samples.

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20. Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Year: 1995
Highlight: Guillotine (Swordz)

19. Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

Year: 1963
Highlight: Trio and Group Dancers

18. Wild Beasts - Two Dancers

Year: 2009
Highlight: Two Dancers II

17. Beach House - Teen Dream

Year: 2010
Highlight: Walk in the Park

16. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers

Year: 1993
Highlight: Da Mystery of Shadowboxin'

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
15. D'Angelo - Voodoo

Year: 2000
Highlight: Untitled (How Does it Feel)

14. Talking Heads - Remain in Light

Year: 1980
Highlight: Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)

13. The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die

Year: 1994
Highlight: Machine Gun Funk

12. OutKast - Aquemini

Year: 1998
Highlight: SpottieOttieDopaliscious

11. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Highlight: Devil in a New Dress

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

Highlight: Zodiac Shit

There's not much to say about this album other than it is my favorite electronic album of all time. Although the use of orchestral arrangements had been done far prior to Cosmogramma's inception, when I first heard this album I was completely blown away.

9. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

Year: 2009
Highlight: Brothersport

Although many of you might not agree with me, this is the most unique piece of music I have ever heard. Or it at least was when I first heard it. The use of electronics along with the choice of sampling and the vocal harmonies akin to that of The Beach Boys just left me in awe. Although initially most of the songs had to grow on me it has evolved into one of my favorites.

8. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Year: 1966
Highlight: Wouldn't it Be Nice

For it's time this album is just incredible. The things Brian Wilson was able to do with this album were revolutionary. Still almost 50 years since its release it remains one of the best albums ever created.

7. Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star

Year: 1998
Highlight: Respiration

Aside from having two of my favorite hip-hop songs in Respiration and Thieves in the Night, this album introduced the world to Mos Def and Talib Kweli. Although I was not old enough to experience this introduction I can still appreciate it for being the introductory piece for my favorite MC of all time, Mos Def. Simply one of the best hip-hop albums ever made.

6. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Year: 1991
Highlight: When You Sleep

Without a doubt in my mind, the greatest and most influential shoegaze album ever made. A lot of artists you listen to now were certainly influenced by this groundbreaking album. There is not a song I don't like and it is perfect for creating a soothing atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
74,325 Posts
Just noticed you were making a list. I almost put 'For Emma' in my honorable mentions. Great list so far!

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5. The Strokes - Is This It

Year: 2001
Highlight: Someday

This is essentially the soundtrack to a youth who likes to party in NYC. Pretty much everything about this album I love. It's such a shame that The Strokes were never able to even come near the level of Is This It again (at least not yet...). It's a fairly short simplistic album but it manages to say so much with it's catchy riffs and lyrics by Julian Casablancas.

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4. Radiohead - OK Computer

Year: 1997
Highlight: Paranoid Android

I can without a doubt say that Radiohead is my favorite band of all time. In my top 50 albums of all time I probably would have 4 or 5 of their albums. This album is one of the reasons why Radiohead is my favorite band. It's just, for lack of a better word, EPIC! Right from the get-go we experience Radiohead just delivering beautiful music for the full 53 minutes. Everything from Thom Yorke's almost angelic vocals to Jonny Greenwood murdering his guitar, this album is just a full on trip.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts