Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
80,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.29924/title.french-montana-all-lyrical-rappers-i-know-are-broke-

"Hip Hop is at a confused state,"French Montana saysin an interview with New York radio stationPower 105's Angie Martinez."I was one of the last people to come out and go big out of New York.Everybody(TM)s like, ~Is it real Hip Hop? this, this, and that. I feel like the hottest new kid that just came out, [Bobby] Shmurda, he sounds like he's from down south. That's because we're doing different things.

"All lyrical rappers I know are broke," he adds. "The ones that make it an issue. Jay can hop on either/or. Just like I can do either/or. I just feel like you gotta make people enjoy the music."

partially true but they still make good music and not really, Kanye, Kendrick, Lupe etc all do solid album numbers, and they dont make hit or miss (mostly miss) music like French

Edit: I personally think Kanye is an overrated lyricist I just mentioned him cuz people consider him lyrical

·
Banned
350 Posts
he received a lot of hate yesterday for that comment.  people actually think french is looking for an excuse because of his bad lyrical abilities.

·
Banned
47,276 Posts
Catalyst said:
Thread delivered
Ab Soul and Joey for example. They're not the most popular rappers and Joey's debut probably will do about same numbers as These Days, yet the Smoker's Tour is sold out yearly

1 - 20 of 584 Posts