Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a ticket to the WTT tour, and the fine print on the last page of checkout said this, for those curious:

Thank you for purchasing tickets to see JAY-Z and Kanye West. For every ticket purchased, you'll receive a digital copy of their new album, 'Watch The Throne'. When the album is released to the public on 8/8, you will receive an additional email from Ticketmaster with more information on how to obtain your digital copy. If you purchased after 8/8, you will receive your email within 48 hours of purchase. Offer is valid for United States and Canadian residents only.

I guess no details if it'll be regular or deluxe?

edit: and yes, I know this was known before, but there's some small details in here so I just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
The sales are going to be brilliant if they are giving it free with tickets and those who preordered are getting the digital free

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
TheJellyfish said:
The sales are going to be brilliant if they are giving it free with tickets and those who preordered are getting the digital free
Im saying 800,000 first week easy

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
TheJellyfish said:
Those copies don't count towards albumsales.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Leslie Chow said:
really how ya know
They have to give you the option if you want to receive the album for an extra fee (that could be only a penny), or if you don't want to receive it, and not pay the extra fee, to have it count as an album sale. Now it's just a bonus, not an albumsale.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
GJ said:
They have to give you the option if you want to receive the album for an extra fee (that could be only a penny), or if you don't want to receive it, and not pay the extra fee, to have it count as an album sale. Now it's just a bonus, not an albumsale.
hmm but if half of the people want to recieve it that will be at least 150,000

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Leslie Chow said:
hmm but if half of the people want to recieve it that will be at least 150,000
I know, but they don't give you that option, you just receive it with your order, so it's not counted towards albumsales. I don't know why they did it this way tbh :kanyeshrug:.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
GJ said:
I know, but they don't give you that option, you just receive it with your order, so it's not counted towards albumsales. I don't know why they did it this way tbh :kanyeshrug:.
yeah well iv revised my prediction to 550,000

Thanks for the info anyway bro :)

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Cudder09 said:
Just got a ticket to the WTT tour, and the fine print on the last page of checkout said this, for those curious:

Thank you for purchasing tickets to see JAY-Z and Kanye West. For every ticket purchased, you'll receive a digital copy of their new album, 'Watch The Throne'. When the album is released to the public on 8/8, you will receive an additional email from Ticketmaster with more information on how to obtain your digital copy. If you purchased after 8/8, you will receive your email within 48 hours of purchase. Offer is valid for United States and Canadian residents only.

I guess no details if it'll be regular or deluxe?

edit: and yes, I know this was known before, but there's some small details in here so I just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
sean845 said:
You never know cause Lady Gagas album was 0.99 on amazon and it counted so I dont see why they wouldnt count these
Because they don't charge anything for these copies. If they charge like 1 dollar or even 1 penny, it would count as an albumsale, but they're giving them away as a bonus with the tickets, so it doesn't count as a sale. You can read more about this on Wikipedia I think.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts