Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
This guy led the Marlins to winning seasons even though they had the lowest payroll. Then they fired him. smh at the whole Marlins organization

"The Atlanta Braves will name Fredi Gonzalez as their new manager according to a report from Fox 5 Sports. Gonzalez has previous ties to the Braves as he was Atlanta's third base coach from 2003-2006 and prior to that was a manager in the minor league system."
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5679565

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Braves fan here. Hate to see Bobby Cox go but the future looks very promising with all of the young talent the Braves have. I like that Fredi is going to be the new manager because he was with the Braves before.

·
Premium Member
37,799 Posts
HA5TY said:
This guy led the Marlins to winning seasons even though they had the lowest payroll. Then they fired him. smh at the whole Marlins organization
the marlins organization is dumb for firing him. I would honestly say he's a top tier manager.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
lefty said:
Braves fan here. Hate to see Bobby Cox go but the future looks very promising with all of the young talent the Braves have. I like that Fredi is going to be the new manager because he was with the Braves before.
Yeah, the Braves love hiring from within the organization.

Examples: Joe Torre played for Atlanta for most of his career then he became our Manager in the 80's. & Terry pendleton played for the braves then became our hitting coach.

and a lot of people think once Chipper retires he will become the new hitting coach

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
HA5TY said:
Yeah, the Braves love hiring from within the organization.

Examples: Joe Torre played for Atlanta for most of his career then he became our Manager in the 80's. & Terry pendleton played for the braves then became our hitting coach.

and a lot of people think once Chipper retires he will become the new hitting coach
Yeah when Chipper finally calls it quits he will definitely be doing something in the organization.

I'm really looking forward to this next season though. A healthy Prado and Chipper coming back, and I cannot wait to see Freddie Freeman be the starting first basemen next year. They really need to get a power bat in the outfield, that is the biggest need right now. Starting pitching is solid and so is the bullpen is spectacular.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
lefty said:
Yeah when Chipper finally calls it quits he will definitely be doing something in the organization.

I'm really looking forward to this next season though. A healthy Prado and Chipper coming back, and I cannot wait to see Freddie Freeman be the starting first basemen next year. They really need to get a power bat in the outfield, that is the biggest need right now. Starting pitching is solid and so is the bullpen is spectacular.
is Derrick Lee not coming back? He was playing really well at the end of the season

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
HA5TY said:
is Derrick Lee not coming back? He was playing really well at the end of the season
I can't see the Braves offering him arbitration. He will be way too expensive and since they have a young stud that they could put at first base they will likely use the money on other needs, which is a power hitting outfielder.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
lefty said:
I can't see the Braves offering him arbitration. He will be way too expensive and since they have a young stud that they could put at first base they will likely use the money on other needs, which is a power hitting outfielder.
yeah dude, ever since we lost andruw jones we haven't been able to get a good out fielder. (until heyward)

·
Registered
32,637 Posts
im down with this move and am excited for next year. the pen is going to be one of the best in the league and if we can get jurrjens healthy a rotation of lowe, hudson, hanson, jurrjens and maybe minor or medlen is pretty solid. i think if we can re-sign alex gonzalez at short and find a good center-left fielder, our offense will be real good.

·
Registered
32,637 Posts
JETS. said:
it's hard to build a rotation on two aging players like Lowe and Hudson.  They be best to try to deal one of the two for young arms.
good point, but we do have multiple young arms waiting in the wings. Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Brandon Beachy to name a few

·
Registered
47,281 Posts
HA5TY said:
Only been around since 1993 and have more championships during the Braves in that time soooo....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts