Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I have no idea as what to expect. Coppola has been stuck in a funk as of late and this trailer doesn't completely suggest he's out of it. But, for what it's worth, I'm very intrigued to see how a Val Kilmer led, Coppola directed film will turn out. Count me in.

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
I have no idea how it came to be, but how does a legendary director(M. Night doesn't count) lose their touch? All of the other living legends still make quality films. How did FFC lose it so drastically?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I wanna see it ... but it looks really cheap. But hopefully it'll still be good.

You never know with Coppola

·
Registered
481 Posts
Was this the one where he was gonna live-edit the film as people watch it at SELECT screenings, like a pre-full release run for it? I thought I saw some Comic-Con thingy mentioning that...OR I'm insane.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Signature Ligature said:
I have no idea how it came to be, but how does a legendary director(M. Night doesn't count) lose their touch? All of the other living legends still make quality films. How did FFC lose it so drastically?
It's tough to follow up the likes of The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, etc. Although he's got a lot of extracurricular things going on like his vineyard.

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
mmonty86 said:
It's tough to follow up the likes of The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, etc. Although he's got a lot of extracurricular things going on like his vineyard.
But people like Scorsese and Spielberg don't have that problem. They don't really make classics anymore, but they haven't fallen off nearly as hard as FFC. It's bizarre how much he has changed.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Signature Ligature said:
But people like Scorsese and Spielberg don't have that problem. They don't really make classics anymore, but they haven't fallen off nearly as hard as FFC. It's bizarre how much he has changed.
True, but I don't think that he's that passionate about films like they are.

·
Registered
25,469 Posts
M-Trey said:
Was this the one where he was gonna live-edit the film as people watch it at SELECT screenings, like a pre-full release run for it? I thought I saw some Comic-Con thingy mentioning that...OR I'm insane.
Yes. Dan Deacon and Francis Ford Coppola are going city-to-city and performing live editing in front of crowds, I think they're going as far as editing the entire film in various amount of ways.

Also, I wouldn't compare this to David Lynch, although it does convey a 'Twin Peaks' type of atmosphere. If anyone isn't familiar with FFC's early work, he was an upcoming horror director. Check out 'Dementia 13' if you have the chance, it's brilliant.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Signature Ligature said:
What? Scorsese made The Departed ... that's a classic..... Shutter Island was solid... and he just did a documentary which got rave reviews.

Spielberg hasn't released a film in years... but he's about to have 1, maybe 2 classics this year (War Horse, Tintin)

·
Premium Member
10,338 Posts
DIAZ said:
Yes. Dan Deacon and Francis Ford Coppola are going city-to-city and performing live editing in front of crowds, I think they're going as far as editing the entire film in various amount of ways.

Also, I wouldn't compare this to David Lynch, although it does convey a 'Twin Peaks' type of atmosphere. If anyone isn't familiar with FFC's early work, he was an upcoming horror director. Check out 'Dementia 13' if you have the chance, it's brilliant.
How is live editing gonna work? I don't understand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts