Kanye to The banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, need help with making my first beat. I really have no idea what the fuck i'm even doing as far as structure goes i just go with what i think sounds kind of cool (although i'm having trouble making it sound like what i hear in my head.)

If this beat fucking sucks tell me so! I just want to get better.
Also let me know if there is too much going on.

Here is a snippet of what i have so far
http://soundcloud.com/dcoi/unfinished-first-beat
(i don't know how to embed haha)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the intro is sampled, is that too long of a sample? I just like the epic way it builds up for the drop (even though the drop is a bit of a let down)
Was going for that Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says feel with the godzilla intro

For that i used FL studio and ACID Pro

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
F ck You said:
Yeah the intro is sampled, is that too long of a sample? I just like the epic way it builds up for the drop (even though the drop is a bit of a let down)
Was going for that Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says feel with the godzilla intro

For that i used FL studio and ACID Pro
Yes, its fine. I think that you should listen as if you didn't make it if you know what I mean. Try and find out whats going wrong and right from a listeners perspective.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
very different. i like it tho it has a nice intro. im all about big intros into a hard hitting beat.

i think u should get some harder hitting drums in there tho.  maybe not different drums but just make them a bit louder... and when the beat drops after the intro i would personally add a harrrrrrd hitting snare followed by the drums so it transitions real nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts