Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Punish Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey....#FTWW will be dropping as soon as possible...I cannot get my laptop to log on....

" Hi,

I've run into a little problem. On friday morning, I came home and used my laptop(Compaq running Windows Vista) and when i was done, I put my laptop on hibernate and waited for it to go off. When it did, I closed it and put it on my desk(Did not put in on the charger though.). The next morning..Well later on when i actually wake up, I go to turn my laptop on and i see the Compaq screen come on for all of 2 seconds and then the screen just goes black..But i still hear the cpu running..And the two buttons on my laptop are lit up as normal. I've read and read and all I see people say is that maybe my light is out..I disagree because if i press the esc key when the compaq screen comes on at the beginning of my start up it brings me to a screen(that i can see thoroughly) that lets me run a bunch of tests...I've run all of them and passed all of them..But after i close that, Its right back to the black screen....

Any help??"

This is the problem I've run into...But its coming and this beattape will be hard and get yall through the summer.

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
Friday's Off is pretty dope bro! I like the vibe its got. Smooth. It kinda sounds like one of those tracks from the mid to late 2000's where a rapper would talk about his girl or something.

I wasn't a fan of cartoons though. I mean, I know you were going for that cartooney feel, but I just didn't feel it like that.

Idk if any of that makes any sense, I'm kinda drunk right now
:notsureif: seewutididthere :he:

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Cartoons has a great full fell to it, really like the keys in the background. They are at the perfect level. Not overbearing, but you know they are there. Great use of synth as well.
Don't like the cowbells. Never liked that sound. Even when Bambaata was using them. The sound just grates me- purely personal thing that though so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
The bass could be louder- Thats the only flaw with the track I think. I had my AudioTecknika's on and couldn't really get any bass.
Good work though with this- The brass made the track.

Fridays off.

Fucking hell. Great feel here. The drums are fantastic but I would include more hat rides, they are really really dope though. Again the track sounds completely full and never tinny, so the beat is very strong. The sounds you got going on here are great and I love the bassline on this track and I loved the bit when the drums and stuff disappeared, leaving pretty much the bass alone. It's perfect.

Great work all in all, but I would maybe think about variations. Having said this, you never worry about variations when a rapper goes in and I think this is something made a lot of on here. Good work.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Al on the Keys said:
Friday's Off is pretty dope bro! I like the vibe its got. Smooth. It kinda sounds like one of those tracks from the mid to late 2000's where a rapper would talk about his girl or something.

I wasn't a fan of cartoons though. I mean, I know you were going for that cartooney feel, but I just didn't feel it like that.

Thanks man...I see what your saying...But i wasnt going for "that cartooney feel" I was watching Cartoons while i was making it...Lol and the "Fridays Off" got its name because im off today...lol
And yes i see what you did there

Jiggy said:
Cartoons has a great full fell to it, really like the keys in the background. They are at the perfect level. Not overbearing, but you know they are there. Great use of synth as well.
Don't like the cowbells. Never liked that sound. Even when Bambaata was using them. The sound just grates me- purely personal thing that though so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
The bass could be louder- Thats the only flaw with the track I think. I had my AudioTecknika's on and couldn't really get any bass.

Fridays off.

Fucking hell. Great feel here. The drums are fantastic but I would include more hat rides, they are really really dope though. Again the track sounds completely full and never tinny, so the beat is very strong. The sounds you got going on here are great and I love the bassline on this track and I loved the bit when the drums and stuff disappeared, leaving pretty much the bass alone. It's perfect.

Great work all in all, but I would maybe think about variations. Having said this, you never worry about variations when a rapper goes in and I think this is something made a lot of on here. Good work.
Thanks for listening and for the feedback...I really appreciate it....

Thanks to both of yall again....Spread the word.!

·
Banned
36,163 Posts
that intro on Friday's Off.. jesus. the only thing that kills me is the drums, I feel like it doesnt match the epicness of the background.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spaceynyc said:
that intro on Friday's Off.. jesus. the only thing that kills me is the drums, I feel like it doesnt match the epicness of the background.
Thanks for callin my instrumentation epic..I appreciate it, ummm as far as the drums, I really dont know what to say...Lol i like em...But its cool that you dont really feel em, and can tell me that without bashing the whole track..

·
Banned
36,163 Posts
KaYocee said:
Thanks for callin my instrumentation epic..I appreciate it, ummm as far as the drums, I really dont know what to say...Lol i like em...But its cool that you dont really feel em, and can tell me that without bashing the whole track..
lol yeah i'm pretty sure i'm the only one who feels that way about the drums so dont take my word for it, theyre actually growing on me with each listen tho

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spaceynyc said:
lol yeah i'm pretty sure i'm the only one who feels that way about the drums so dont take my word for it, theyre actually growing on me with each listen tho
Haha Thats Wassup

·
Registered
737 Posts
i would work on the melodies, lower them aswell. change them up a bit. replace some sounds. but i can't say anything about the drums. you always got your drums on point.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Magic said:
i would work on the melodies, lower them aswell. change them up a bit. replace some sounds. but i can't say anything about the drums. you always got your drums on point.
Lol thanks my nig...why does everyone speak on my drums though...lol the project after this will have all tracks with no drums....
Sign Post said:
Aye ye ye broooooooo, these are tooo nice. Can I get that Cartoon's beat?

Here's some of my work
Everyone will be able to download the tracks for this project...Just have to wait for it to drop...Im workin on tracks for it now as we speak...But i was really diggin this song....
Mkourbeats said:
whats your soundcloud i wanna hear more
www.soundcloud.com/kayoceebeats
www.soundcloud.com/jordanhuntonthebeat
www.soundcloud.com/kingofcrates
www.soundcloud.com/dynastybeats

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Should I Drop Another Track?
Magic said:
Mkourbeats said:
whats your soundcloud i wanna hear more
YG said:
any soul samples gon be on this???

i love your soul shit
spaceynyc said:
Jiggy said:

Fridays off.

Al on the Keys said:

G

·
This shit is pretty fucking clean. Put some stand out stuff that contrast with the main focal sounds and you'll having some epic shit.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts