Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just listening to the OF Vol. 2 Tape, and I noticed that each component of the group gets at least one song, (Frank Ocean - White, Mellowhype - 50, etc.) with the more proficient members having bigger roles respectfully (Frank on hooks, Tyler, Domo, Hodgy dominating a majority of the tape)

then i noticed the same formula kind of happens in Self Made Vol 1. with everyone starting on one song, then breaking down into individual songs with some featuring the other members while other songs are just individual songs.

Now this is not to compare OF and MMG to GOOD, i'm damn sure Kanye is gonna do a way better job but i just thought it was interesting to talk about.

Does John Legend get a solo song? Is Kid Cudi strictly on hook duty? Do lesser members like CyHi or even DBanj get a song?  With so many different styles, how is it going to work coherently & sonically, and flow all together on one album if even one song? Discuss.

sorry if something similar was posted before i just got curious aha

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
def see what you're talking about on of tape 2 and self made

I have a feeling Kanye will kind of have his own seperate presence in the album and allow Pusha, Big Sean to really shine, and even CyHi to prove himself. As for Cudi, hooks will definitely happen although I would love to hear him spit... but all we need is at least one CDDF style John Legend + Cudi combined hook :allears:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh that kind of collabo would be dope :) its going to be interesting as to how it all fits together really

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I'm guessing Kanye will treat the album like an orchestra. He'll conduct it, meaning he'll tell everyone where they should go. Sort like AOTL. Maybe not for every song, but I'm guessing he'll come up with something creative.

·
Banned
10,446 Posts
this is a compilation album, i'm gonna assume that there will be at least two members per song. I also think they will try to push singles for Cyhi and Pusha

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
im guessing everyone will rap on trap beats and cudi humms in the background and the dbanj gets executive producer credits

·
Premium Member
56,604 Posts
Plato said:
I'm guessing Kanye will treat the album like an orchestra. He'll conduct it, meaning he'll tell everyone where they should go. Sort like AOTL. Maybe not for every song, but I'm guessing he'll come up with something creative.

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
For most of the tracks, I see Kanye only as an omnipresent voice, or hype builder in the intros kind of like on GOOD Friday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts